PDA

View Full Version : Restore gridlines, How?

JimSpear
03-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Ive had lightwave 3D for about three days now (educational version), and I've done something to lose the gridlines in a viewport, I've done it alot more than once and the only way I get them back is to reload the whole app. I've tried messing with display settings, undo, and I'm sure the answer is right in front of me but I need someone to point it out. any guidance in this will be greatly appreciated.

adhesiveX
03-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Depending on which module your in layout or modeler just hit D on your keyboard which will bring up your display options. In layout its at the top of the panel which you will find it off,in modeler hit D as well and you will finnd the button about midway down,saying "show grid" you will find this unchecked go ahead and check it.

hpoe this helps

JimSpear
03-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Thanks for your response, I truly appreciate it. None of that worked however, and now I've compounded the problem. Originally I lost only the grid in T/L and T/R viewports. I went to T/L single view and when I went back to quad view I lost not only the grid in all views but now there is no functionality at all in any viewport. This is in modeler, I haven't had the guts to mess with layout yet.

DavidL
03-05-2006, 06:37 PM
While in a multiple viewport mode, hit the "d' to bring up the display options in modeler. Click the "Viewports" tab. You should see some buttons that name your viewports. Click one with missing grid. Click "Independent Visibility". Click "Show Grid" and you should get your grid back.

David