PDA

View Full Version : Chroma Key / Luma Black

Videonut
03-04-2006, 03:35 PM
I have been searching the formum threads and also the manual but no luck. I have a .png or .tiff format black background with a white logo on it. I want to use this as a layer over the top of something. How do I take out the black background and keep the white logo. I tried recording a .rtv clip through a DDR and tried the overlay method but no luck. I need this logo to be superimposed over a still photo and in the middle of a video. Am I missing something here?

Rich Deustachio
03-04-2006, 04:34 PM
How was the image created in the first place? If done in Photoshop you need to save it out with alpha channel then you can turn on overlay in VTedit using the "y" key and it will show the background behind the image.

ted
03-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Like Rich said, you CAN luma key it, or better yet, take it into photoshop, select the black, delete the black, copy, open new transperent file and paste. Now when you drop it on the timeline just hit overlay. Done.

Videonut
03-04-2006, 07:16 PM
What format in Photoshop would be best to save it so that you can control the alpha channel?

Jim Capillo
03-04-2006, 07:56 PM
What format in Photoshop would be best to save it so that you can control the alpha channel?

PNG.......