PDA

View Full Version : Newbie..must be doing something wrong crashes when loading

TechnoBill
03-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Hello Everyone,
I am new to Lightwave and I have had a problem occur to me twice now but I do not know why.
Basically I am modelling away and occassionally hitting Shift S to save increment. Later when I come back to Lightwave and go to load the object it has a GP Fault while loading. I find that I sometimes have to go back many many versions to find one that loads without crashing.
I think its something to do with Boolean. What worries me is that you don't know it has happened until you go to reload the object at a later date which means you could lose hours of work.

It actually still loads OK in Layout, but I cannot get back to modeller or load it in modeler without the big crash.

I am hoping it is just me.. forgetting to do something.. Any Clues? I have searched the forum but not sure what I am even looking for.

BillyD

toby
03-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Maybe look for those weird polygons; degenerate, triangles that are non-planar, something like that.
Are you using any shaders? Remove them and see if that helps.

Have you tried saving a new object from layout?

TechnoBill
03-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Maybe look for those weird polygons; degenerate, triangles that are non-planar, something like that.
Are you using any shaders? Remove them and see if that helps.

Have you tried saving a new object from layout?

I did try saving from layout and the new object still wont load.

I brought up the stats on the object and it does have lots of non planers, I am not sure how I created them.. not to worry I will delete them and see what happens next.

Thanks for your help:thumbsup: