PDA

View Full Version : For lightwave 10 :)

silviotoledo
03-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Lightwave is a TOP program, saves a lot of memory and render time, but I also would like to see in lightwave:

FROM MAX:

LIGHTNING:
skylights and all V Ray stuff ( with photon map, irradiance map, pre calculations ).
Actually, the V ray GI is getting a better effect in lightining closed ambients than Lightwave radiosity. I also notticed that other renderers also don't do it.

CAMERA:
To include a Camera Target ( the camera from max has it's own target already)
Camera match ( easy way to add perspective to the camera view, so it match the photo behind for compositing )
Camera Track

HAIR:
The easy way to modelate hair done from Joe Alter

FROM MAYA:

Paint Effects - I imagine hypervoxels can be addapted to be used with a brush tool to compose volumetric painting effects. So, they would need to create more custom forms for hypervoxels.
Hair Dinamics
Muscle Deformers
Fluid Fx - WITH HABILITY TO PAINT 2D VECTORS/COLORS....
Fur

FROM MESSIAH:

Softbody Dinamics
Support do dinamic Z-brush displacements

FROM SILO:

The hability do draw loops direct on the model

PLUGINS NEEDED FOR LIGHTWAVE:

V RAY
BRAZIL
SHAVE AND HAIRCUT - extremelly important
SYFLEX
MUSCLE TK - easy way to set muscles
POLY BOOST - amazing "draw polys on model" way

PLUGINS NEEDED TO BE INCORPORATED TO LIGHTWAVE:

lw cad
virtual mirror
smart morphs
easy split

lardbros
03-02-2006, 03:04 PM
I agree these are what Lightwave could do with, but then if they did incorporate many of these you'd be lucky to get LW for the price it is now. Many of these things are not needed desperately, and some of them are, but i'm certain they won't be coming too soon. If we're lucky, 3 or 4 of your "steals" might make it in by version 10. Hopefully, and keeping my fingers crossed, someone will prove me completely wrong and slap me round the face very hard. :D

TheDude
03-02-2006, 03:32 PM
CAMERA:
To include a Camera Target ( the camera from max has it's own target already)
Camera match ( easy way to add perspective to the camera view, so it match the photo behind for compositing )
Camera Track

I sent several requests to NT over the years for udates to the camera similar to your suggestion, hasn't happened yet...not sure the Camera in 9 has a built in target, but there is talk of being able to render the orthagonal and perspective windows.
I guess it's a start, but you could be waiting a while for all that lot....