PDA

View Full Version : 7 platonic solids?

theo
03-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Why does LW list seven platonic solids in the Platonic solids menu when there are only truly five?

Kurtis
03-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Is it really possible for solids to maintain a strictly platonic relationship?

:D

BeeVee
03-01-2006, 02:56 PM
The LightWave 8 manual does note that two of them aren't in fact platonic solids (I know, I wrote that bit! :D).

B

theo
03-01-2006, 05:21 PM
The LightWave 8 manual does note that two of them aren't in fact platonic solids (I know, I wrote that bit! :D).

B

Kewl....never had a reason to read up on platonix in the manual so I would have missed that bit'o info. Thanks for the feedback. Wonder though if the menu shouldn't be called just Solids- I guess it really doesn't matter.

Well Kurtis...looks like you are having fun at Plato's expense. A sin of mythic proportions that requires, as punishment, the pouring of a million polyhedra vertices about the head and shoulders which inflict nothing less than a total and complete state of mental asphyxiation and dehydration.

I am sure Plato will hold back the vertices of a million polyhedra if you pass 16 really really cute dachsund puppies and 42 goldfish that weigh exactly the same through flames on the mythic altar of repentance.;)