PDA

View Full Version : LW 9 Beta registration problems

gstonebank
03-01-2006, 12:32 PM
I am getting the following error when I try to register for the LW9 Beta:

We are sorry, but the number you have entered does not appear to be a valid LightWave code to qualify for the LightWave v9 Open Beta program. If you feel you have received this message in error, please to re-enter your code, or contact Customer Service at 1-800-862-7837 or [email protected]

I am using the code that came with my Vue cds.

I have emailed Newtek twice regarding this but no response after two weeks - I don't think I'm going to get one :thumbsdow

Any ideas?

Signal to Noise
03-01-2006, 12:37 PM

Any ideas?

Instead of email, why not phone them? After all, the error message provides such a phone number. I can't believe you've waited 2 weeks without picking up the phone! :)

gstonebank
03-01-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm in South Africa, so it's not the cheapest call.... but yes I suppose I could have called them. I probably would have if it was the final release but I am not in a rush, it's only a beta.

But I think they really should be responding to emails.

BeeVee
03-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Looking at the number you've pasted and the fact that you are based in South Africa, did you register your LightWave with NewTek US, or at NewTek Europe? If the latter then you need to visit us instead:

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/products/lightwave/lw9openbeta/index.html

B

gstonebank
03-01-2006, 01:50 PM
My LW8 (& my VT3) is registered with Newtek US, but my local distributer did mention that while he always used to deal with Newtek US, he had just been told that he had to deal with Newtek Europe from now on. Could my upgrade have a registration number that will only work on the Europe site? If so do I have to re-register all my products with Newtek Europe? Given the choice I would prefer to leave things as they are.