PDA

View Full Version : are 512 pressure levels too few?

Ernest
05-19-2003, 12:16 AM
my wacom broke. I looked into their site for the replacement and while there, I saw this cintiq model that allows you to draw directly on the tablet. It seems too good to be true but it only has 512 pressure sensitivity levels. My tablet had 1024 like most wacoms and drawing with it was really smooth.

Has anyone worked with a 512 levels tablet before? Are they too uncomfortable to draw with?

Red_Oddity
05-19-2003, 03:00 AM
I don't think the pressure levels are a really big problem...
The reason people tend to go for Wacom tabletcs is, they work really well, they have very good drivers and a great tablet utility, unlike most other brand tablets you get....
I'm not sure why though why Wacoms are so rediquelously expensive when other manufactors manage to make them for 1/5th the price...hmmm come to think of it, i think i do, i had one of those cheaper ones a while ago as replacement and it broke within a month, where as my Wacom kept running for 6 years...

As for the Cinteq model...i don't have that amount of money, and i don't know how they perform in comparisment with a Intuos for example...
(How is the response for example?)