PDA

View Full Version : Potential LW buyer needs your opinion...

robertnzana
02-28-2006, 09:47 PM
I am a web developer who uses mostly Flash and Photoshop. I'm considering purchasing Poser.

Few questions...

1. Does Lightwave work well with Poser (including animations done in Poser) and Vue?
2. How about Swift 3d?
3. Can I do everything in LW, from modelling, to animation, to scenery (buildings, etc...)
4. For the price is LW the best product in it's class?

Any other thoughts, suggestions, opinions appreciated.

Thanks!

Kuzey
02-28-2006, 10:34 PM
3/ yes

4/ yes

1/ there used to be a plugin so you could animate Poser characters within Lightwave. Not sure what happened to it or was it called Poser 4 pro. I do believe you can combine different animations done in different programs as long as they have masks(makes things easier) and are the correct size/frame rate etc.

2/ Not sure...but it would be great if you can export Flash format from Lightwave.

Test drive Lightwave first, it's addictive :D

Kuzey

robertnzana
02-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks, but I can't find a demo link. Do you have one?

Also, any book recommendations for learning Lightwave?

Kuzey
02-28-2006, 10:57 PM
download LW 7.5d update here (http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/downloads/index.php) it's the only one that works as a demo. You might have to download the last Sentinel Drivers, a bit further down the page.

Kuzey

Bog
03-01-2006, 04:24 AM
There's a Swift3D exporter for LightWave, but I don't honestly know how good it is, having never used it in person. I used the LW Exporter from Poser 5, and it felt a bit clunky. TBH, it was easier at the time just to model up the character I wanted in LW, things might have changed though, it was a couple of years ago.

robertnzana
03-01-2006, 06:24 AM
I must be blind. I see the update, but don't see a demo. The update isn't the same as the demo. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Wade
03-01-2006, 07:06 AM
update will run as a demo.:)

Bog
03-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Ooops, forgot.

4. For the price is LW the best product in it's class?

Absolutely, without a hesitation or a qualification.