PDA

View Full Version : Most powerfull airplane in the world!

Mr. Black
02-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Sure, those CG jet fighters look great. The x-wings and other spaceships tear across the screen with incredible force. So now we turn the awesome force of lightwave to the grandest of all flying machines... just don't step on it, you'll wreck it

cheers
Jeff

RudySchneider
02-28-2006, 05:23 PM
That is very cool, Mr. Black, and a great render, to boot! Brings back a lot of memories, including that of a balsa model I had as a kid that my Grandmother SAT on!

ruud
03-01-2006, 06:06 AM
funny, the texture could be better, as for the surface it stands on.

Have fun

etobiason
03-01-2006, 03:54 PM
That plane looks great! I have a small suggestion. Try using Photoshop's Displace plug-in on the lettering and such printed on the wood. Use a greyscale version of the wood to displace the writing, and then it will look like the ink is bleeding through the cracks. It's a really cool effect. It's under Filter-->Distort.

Mr. Black
03-01-2006, 07:10 PM
I should have said.. The textures... they're scans. Just plopped the parts on the scanner and Voila! free textures! Now it may not say much for my texturing abilities, but those guys sure know how to print on balsa!

etobiason
03-01-2006, 07:19 PM
And here I was thinking it was cool how you lifted the ink in parts to show the wood texture through it. Well, I still think it would look cool to show the ink bleeding into the soft wood... but since you scanned it I suppose you don't have a layered file...!

adrian
03-02-2006, 02:46 AM
That plane looks great! I have a small suggestion. Try using Photoshop's Displace plug-in on the lettering and such printed on the wood. Use a greyscale version of the wood to displace the writing, and then it will look like the ink is bleeding through the cracks. It's a really cool effect. It's under Filter-->Distort.

Good texturing tip!

Good plane but it would look better on a nicer background.

I also seem to remember those planes that weren't made of balsa, but kind of foamy-material... not paper but not wood.... they used to fly quite well :)

Bog
03-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Heeheehee! That's so cool!

Nice lighting and texturing, too.

Bog
03-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Oooh, yeah - the Layout twist tool's just *gagging* to be used for the lacky band unwinding!

Mr. Black
03-02-2006, 09:13 PM
No one seems to like my throw away background. Well ok then... Here you go. Happy now?
I hear the Navy is going to retire these fine aircraft from all the nuclear carriers in the fleet. Something about wanting a fighter that "doesn't need winding" what ever that means.

Wistfull
Jeff

Yamba
03-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Apparently it's not the winding that's the problem, its the carnage created on the flight deck when the propeller slips out of the winding crews hands too early. We've all had that experience before.

Its a good model and I liked the original.

Also thanks to etobiason for the great Photoshop tip.

Regards
Yamba

mac since IIe and still sane

flakester
03-03-2006, 08:10 AM
Haha!! I'm loving that carrier pic.......

Nearly spat my rice everywhere!! Cool job!

flakester.