PDA

View Full Version : Shut off "Write to Disk" feature & continue to stream

rmarcroft
02-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Is there a way to turn off and on the "Write to Disk" feature and still continuing to stream the video & audio siginal to the web? We did a two day webcast last weekend and recorded the stream to an external hard drive. The only way I could figure out how to turn off the "write to disk" was to shut off the stream during the breaks and start the stream back up once the break has concluded. But this also shut down our stream to the web. I don't want to record the breaks just the presentations? Any Ideas ??

isaac
03-22-2006, 10:00 AM
yeah, my client here is also asking for a feature whereby they can stream first and click on write to disk at a later point of time. This is because they normally start streaming to test audio and video first before they decide to write to disk.

Will there be a update on this?

achuakh
03-30-2006, 09:40 PM
Actually we start streaming first because we need to pull this feed from the tricaster from a multicast server before streaming it out, which requires time to set up. Also different people and computer usually connect to the feed earlier before the event starts, so I have to keep the write to disk on all the time hence resulting in a lot of extra unwanted footage recorded and the need to edit the WMV.

Hmm, would really appreciate this feature. I know windows media encoder 9 has the manual archive feature that can be implemented in the tricaster!!

mayasoft
04-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Even though I develop websites, I'm not a streaming type of guy. Could someone help me setup streaming to the web using the Tricaster? I have already turned on Streaming and have viewed the Streaming Options in the "Record or Stream" tab. The problem is that the Location (mms://10.0.0.136:80) is an internal/local address. I need to create a link on the station website where users can click and view live streaming. Do I have to open up a different port to our network since port 80 is being used for our http website? Do I have to setup windows media streaming service on our web server box? If so, what parameters?

Any help is appreciated.
Moises

rally1
04-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Yes open a new port on your firewall, use 8080. Simply forward that to 10.0.0.136 , and then change the stream port on the Tricaster to 8080. You may also need to add 8080 as an exception on the windows firewall (from the admin console).