PDA

View Full Version : CelShading

Mattias
02-16-2003, 03:21 PM
This is one of the main characters in a shortfilm that i have started on. C & C are more then welcome..

Regards

Mattias:rolleyes:

Fasty
02-16-2003, 03:58 PM
Hey mattias, happy first post :)
Ok C&C eh?
I love the dark shadows on his face, really nice look. One thing though, you're getting gradients between the cell zones which I don't know if you want, but I think takes away from the effect. If you're using SuperCelshader, try these settings out.
http://www.stu-art.net.au/temp/celshade.jpg
Now if you turn the ambient light in your scene to "0" and move your light source so it's pointing almost in the same direction as the camera, but pointing slightly downwards and to the left or right.
If you turn the ambient light to a value >1 the black shadows will disappear, which can still look good but less dramatic.
I also suggest only having one light source.
Other than that, I think the groin area on your model needs a little work... I don't know if it's too low at the moment, or too rounded or what. Grab some reference material and take another look. Keep up the good work! :D

Skonk
02-17-2003, 05:53 AM
I really love seeing all this cel shaded stuff :) /me bigtime anime fan. Looks really good, as Fasty said the dark shadows give it some mood and fealing, top notch.

Btw Fasty very helpfull post i must say, im gonna try those settings too.

James..

Fasty
02-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Cool, I hope they work for you! I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with ;)

Mattias
02-22-2003, 05:17 PM
thanks for the comments. ive tested the your settings and i must say that i like them alot better....

Mattias
02-22-2003, 05:18 PM
heres an update

Murphy
02-25-2003, 04:37 AM
Nice work.
For some reson i reminds me of a Quake 3 mod i saw that was based on American football. I cant remember what it was called but it was basicly football with big guns and lots of blood.
The way football sould be... and in alot of ways the way football is i guess. ^_^

Keep up the good work

Murphy

Zombat
02-25-2003, 05:45 AM
Nice. I especially like the one with the un-gradiented cel-shading. Looks really nice.

Fasty
02-25-2003, 03:09 PM
Looking good, Mattias. Maybe try turning on cel-look edges for his shoulder pads and other parts that don't seem to have edges yet