PDA

View Full Version : Instillation Problems Solved!

wapangy
05-18-2003, 06:49 PM
Ok, the LightWave updaters have problems, but i think i figured out how to get them to work right.

I will be installing from my 7.0 CD, i am putting the lightwave folder on the desktop although it can go anywhere you want. I am using OS X 10.2.6

First, install 7.0 from the CD using the installer, select the desktop for it to install onto.

Then, you need to update to 7.0b. In the 7.0b installer, you just select the right hard drive, and it will find you lightwave folder.

Then, you install 7.5. This is the messed up one. It will update the folder correctly, but only if it is called LightWave 3D 7.5, otherwise it will create a new folder, which is missing certain files. To get around that, RENAME the "LightWave 3D 7.0" folder to "LightWave 3D 7.5". THEN run the installer and select the Desktop folder (or whatever its in). It should update the folder correctly.

Then update to 7.5c. Again, select the folder that the LightWave 3D 7.5 folder is in.

When i followed these steps, everything opened correctly, all plugins were present, and i found no missing files or folders at all.

G4 400, 2Gb RAM, 440Gb HD, Radeon Mac Edition 32Mb DDR, Mac OS X 10.2.6

Karl Hansson
05-19-2003, 12:12 AM
Im on 7.5 currently downgraded from 7.5b. I think 7.5 is the most stable version I have ever worked with it hardly ever crashes. I find it hard to justify upgrading to 7.5c with all these issues that it seem to have. One question why do you have to upgrade 7.0 to 7.0b before 7.5? When I downgraded from 7.5b I installed a fresh version of 7.0 and then I upgraded to 7.5 directly not using the 7.0b patch. Also when uninstalling the 7.5b I trashed all the prefs files and program files (after burning it all to a CD for backup), so I was sure to get all the correct prefs files and no conflicting 7.5b files.

Mac OS X 10.1.5, 640MB Ram G4 450.