PDA

View Full Version : LW9 content...

hrgiger
02-26-2006, 08:18 AM
I never checked before but will the content in LW9 be all new or is it all the content from 8 + the new content for 9?

I never really thought to see if the old content was carried over into the new.

TheDude
02-26-2006, 11:22 AM
New content, why stop there?
Why not ask NT for a decent manual and set of tutorials for the new 9 tools too.....
Or are you happy grubbing around on the internet for tutorials in German?

hrgiger
02-26-2006, 07:36 PM
So, anybody who doesn't have their panties in a twist over the lack of English tutorials for IKB know the answer?

Wickster
02-26-2006, 07:55 PM
i remember chuck calling in for LW9 Content from users like us. I personally don't have anything worth sending in. So to answer your question, I guess we get a mix of new and old content.

Silkrooster
02-26-2006, 10:52 PM
If I remember right Proton also was looking for content. I think one of the contest winners objects were to be included. But don't quote me on that as it may have fallen through, or I didn't read the thread right again.:foreheads
Silk

Nemoid
02-27-2006, 02:50 AM
hey HR maybe you could send to NT some of your organic models... females maybe .Way cool !! :agree:

about manual, it has been said many times NT is working on new manual contents for 9.0. what i hope is in a good tutorial section, be it video or html based.:thumbsup:

TheDude
02-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Mwahaaaahaahhh "panties in a twist over the lack of English tutorials for IKB" oh...soooooo funny, still I guess it helps to have a sense of humor when using Lightwave.

Problem still remains IKB is in LW and no one seems to be able to explain how to use it at NT....would have been nice to have recieved content with the [8] upgrade that made it useable out of the box.

I think that "learning" content is really important to the software release tho.

Perhaps NT could get Dan Alban (for example) to write a seperate "How to get to grips with LW9" manual for inclusion with the product along with a data DVD. I don't mean a general overview, I mean an in depth look at only the new, complex features and an explanation of how (and why) they work along with examples. This would also have the benefit of not having to root around in a manual sifting through stuff you mostly already know. I've found his book to have been far more useful than the [8] manual. Maybe NT will produce a great improvement in the manual for 9. Even if they do, additional Alban material could really add value to an upgrade/purchase and probably speed up the learning curve.
He would need to be well paid I guess, but compared to the money being spent on the software development I think it would be an inexpensive addition to LW9. Although maybe it's a bit late in the day now......

Kurtis
02-27-2006, 12:11 PM
We have made a couple of calls for new content for LightWave v9. We have received some nice submissions, and they will be provided, along with some previous selections from our ongoing content collection.

hrgiger
02-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Thanks Kurtis, that's what I wanted to know. So you just select some of the content from the previous collection and include it with the new content in the latest release.