PDA

View Full Version : image filter + FieldRendering = baaah!

papou
05-18-2003, 12:20 PM
i hope Lw8 Field rendering will be applying before Image filter pass.
then i will be able to use All image filter in my video, like bloom, corona, vectorblur, etc...
it's maybe not important for a lot of users who works in Ntsc or without Field, but it's a features im very wainting for long time ago and never see coming.
voila,

cgolchert
05-18-2003, 04:30 PM
NTSC uses fields.

papou
05-18-2003, 05:05 PM
Ntsc use field, yep, i know.
but with 5 frame more than Pal.
so, when you don't use Fields, it's not so bad. Some people says "it's look like Cinema".
With Pal, looks like cinema too :) but if something move quickly in your video, it's ugly. (maybe it's ugly too in ntsc...)
The subject is Image filter before Field.
If i use Glow, my video is smooth but where the glow is applyed, it looks like cinema! what a bad mix for the eyes!
Lightwave must be really broadcast.

Beamtracer
05-18-2003, 07:21 PM
You could always render to twice the frame rate (60fps NTSC, 50fps PAL) and then create the fields later in a compositing application. However this would increase your rendering times a lot, plus make more work for you in compositing.

Yes, it would be nice to see field renders work properly with filters.

Valter
05-18-2003, 10:52 PM
newtek never fix it :(
since lw 5.6 I did send mails and no fix damned field rendering on image filter.
Lw was created for video toaster... and video needs of field rendering

Panikos
05-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Salut mon ami papou !

"I have a car with flat tyres and it doesnt move. I want new car"

Nope, you dont need new car, you want new tyres.

LW's field rendering works perfectly.
Simply, the plugins you mentioned dont work with field rendering.

What you can do, is use Special Buffers Export, and Alpha channel, and generate glows and coronas after the rendering is finished.

You can separate fields in a decent compositing app, do your tricks, and reassemble the field order. Often some effects break the field order and there are some awful artifacts. I could write more, but you can find some more info on the net about fields, their order etc

Voila !

papou
05-19-2003, 01:02 AM
maybe it's the face of my avatar with my poor english....

I know Fields, order, double trick (thank you anw)
I have a long experience in video, i know how to break the field.
I made a lot of test with Aura with george scripts, and try to make a unflicker with Lscript ... and Baaaaaahahahaaaaaaaa!
i want image filter before field rendering possibility.
Don't want to increaz my render time to much, don't want to use some Twixor plugins in compositing, i want a new car.

Valter
05-19-2003, 01:55 AM
LOL

MOM I WANT MY NEW CAR!!!!:D

papou
05-24-2003, 05:45 AM
damned, somes image filters can apply effect on both field separately !! so Panikos is right, Fields are ok in LW but some parts off Lw aren't compatible with other parts...(ex: glow + fileds)with no alert message! so i want a new car and new tires.

"newtek never fix it"> AAaarghg, if they don't....aiaiaiaiai.

Elmar Moelzer
05-24-2003, 06:24 AM
Have to agree that having all iamgefilters work with fields would be great to have.
"Fields are evil", I really hope there will be a standard one day that does not use fields, but full- frames.
A good way to deal with it is either rendering to 50/60 full frmaes and converting to fields in post (as mentioned already), or to render to full frames using motionblur (which helps against jittering motion without fields). The last one will give a more film- look to it. Also never forget that many of the more expensive comemrcials are still produced to film too, that even has onyl 24 full frames.
CU
Elmar