PDA

View Full Version : How do you install 7.5c?

archiea
05-18-2003, 11:32 AM
Call me an idiot, or an overcautious idiot....

I run the installer, and it says it will create a new LW7.5 dir... why do I want that... So I install it in a separate dir from my original LW dir and it creates a new LW dir with a license file and everything. I assume all of my original files would have been overwritten (license file, plugins, Lscript, etc). I even noticed that the name of dir are different in the sense that the are lowercase in a case sensitive OS. I just wanna hear from an old vet here what they did to install this over 7.5b...

Thanks...

wapangy
05-18-2003, 03:28 PM
I don't know how its supposed to work (apparently not very well), but this is how I do it.

I install the new version in a completely different place, so i have two folders. Then i move any of the new files into the old directory replacing them. Make sure any old files that were not updated are still around and not deleted.

It is important to replace the individual files in the programs folder because not all the files are included in the new version. For the plugins folder and the others as well, I think you can just replace the entire folder.

I think the problems with people not getting the modeler to start has to do with this because everything is working for me fine.

Hope this helps.

wapangy
05-18-2003, 06:51 PM
I just played around with it and figured it all out, see my new post in this forum.

Jimzip
05-18-2003, 09:03 PM
I just backed up my content folder and installed the upgrade...

dark_lotus
05-18-2003, 09:50 PM
I just thought heck, and installed over the top of it, though i did copy my plug-ins folder.

working great for me!

wapangy
05-18-2003, 10:28 PM
7.5 is the messed up one. If you had that working, then 7.5c should work fine.