PDA

View Full Version : Refresh master script

papou
05-18-2003, 10:25 AM
I would like my masterscript to read inside a *.txt file in a constant loop, with no slowdown of the layout.
I can do that but only if i'm moving or doing something in the layout. if it's possible,can anybody help me with an example?

papou
05-22-2003, 04:37 AM
is it possible?
i'm tired to try different way to achieve that....
If someone have idea, it really going to help me...
"want to make a loop in master Lscript, like a hub"
thanksss

Lightwolf
05-22-2003, 05:03 AM
No, not possible.
Master Scripts only get called when an action takes place, there is no timer function (unfortunately).

Cheers,
Mike
(happy now? ;) )

papou
05-22-2003, 02:32 PM
AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaarg!!
thank you, very happy....
..bon....alors...comment faire...

Lightwolf
05-23-2003, 03:36 AM
Salut papou,
*mike grabs for his french dictionary* pas de chance.
You might be able to do it with a plugin in C, setting up a timer function with a callback. Very tricky, but It might be feasible...
Cheers,
Mike

papou
05-23-2003, 01:18 PM
well,well, maybe it's time to learn C.
but, first, i will try with an external MSdos bat file...
pas de chance!
:p

NanoGator
10-13-2004, 09:51 PM
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WAAAAAAAAAAAAANT TIIIIIIIIIMER!!!!

(okay, now I feel better.)

ArtHowe
10-14-2004, 10:00 AM
I will submit the idea of a timer to Brian and see what he thinks. No promises, but I'll see that it's looked at. :)

Art

NanoGator
10-14-2004, 06:44 PM
I will submit the idea of a timer to Brian and see what he thinks. No promises, but I'll see that it's looked at. :)

Art

Preciated. :)

papou
10-14-2004, 08:04 PM
hope he can't do something!
very appreciated.
Very happy to see HMW team is reading this kind of old post, where lots of request are sleeping!
Good luck

ArtHowe
10-18-2004, 05:51 PM
After doing some digging I found this tidbit:

The reqpost() and reqopen() functions accept up to two arguments to enable idle-time processing. The first argument is the name of the UDF to be invoked. The UDF takes no arguments, and is enabled to allow for drawing on the Requester panel. The second optional argument is the timeout interval (in milliseconds) to be used between calls to the idle-time UDF. If ommitted, the default timeout value is 500 milliseconds (one-half of a second).

prototype: boolean reqpost(udf [,milliseconds])

Basically, you can pass a UDF to either reqpost() or reqopen() that can be called for execution at a specified time interval.

Art

GregMalick
11-10-2004, 09:26 AM
From experience, that reqpost(timer) cannot be relied upon as accurate.
LW will do what it considers most important first, so you can't rely on it for time-critical operations.

NanoGator
12-10-2004, 09:36 PM
After doing some digging I found this tidbit:

The reqpost() and reqopen() functions accept up to two arguments to enable idle-time processing. The first argument is the name of the UDF to be invoked. The UDF takes no arguments, and is enabled to allow for drawing on the Requester panel. The second optional argument is the timeout interval (in milliseconds) to be used between calls to the idle-time UDF. If ommitted, the default timeout value is 500 milliseconds (one-half of a second).

prototype: boolean reqpost(udf [,milliseconds])

Basically, you can pass a UDF to either reqpost() or reqopen() that can be called for execution at a specified time interval.

Art

Doh. Just tested this, it works for me!

I'd still like a timer object at some point, but this works for my current usage. :)