PDA

View Full Version : LW9 special???

spirit_of_stars
02-24-2006, 09:57 AM
HI!

Someone told me there is a free upgrade to LW9 if I bye LW 8.5.. Is it true?

jeremyhardin
02-24-2006, 10:25 AM
if you buy it from now until before when 9 is released, yep.

spirit_of_stars
02-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Great!
Thank You...

pauland
02-26-2006, 05:09 AM
spirit_of_stars: Here's what might seem a silly question, but it's a serious one. What made you need to ask the question at all - why didn't you already know the answer?

I'm curious as to how the Newtek LW9 promotions seem to have passed you by so you needed to ask about it here?

Paul
(BTW this isn't a dig at you but a serious question)

spirit_of_stars
02-27-2006, 12:58 PM
OK sorry!

They write it in small character at the end of the description...

I didn't seen it!!!!

http://shop.newtek.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=15

For me a free upgrade for the next version should be write in BOLD... Anyway the error is mine. I was affraid to be too late for the special.

Sorry all

But where did you see a big Ad with LW9 free Upgrade for LW8 buyers? My boss don't have the time to read the board.

Anyaway thank you all to show me the light! And I appologize for the syntax I'm a french speaking people.

DMarkwick
02-28-2006, 06:22 AM
Am I to infer that once LW9 is released, that I won't get an upgrade option?

pauland
02-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Am I to infer that once LW9 is released, that I won't get an upgrade option?
No, why would you infer that?

What you will lose are the LW9 pre-release goodies to tempt you to buy now.

DMarkwick
02-28-2006, 06:52 AM
No, why would you infer that?

What you will lose are the LW9 pre-release goodies to tempt you to buy now.

Aaaah no reason, just having a bit of a morning brainfart here :D I didn't get the complete gist of an above post is all.

As far as the goodies goes, I already own V5I and have no use for another copy, and I can't find information about selling a license or even if I can. I'm currently waiting on a different flavour of enticement before I upgrade.

I remember kicking myself for missing out on the ImageModeller sweetener a couple of years ago, if I had waited a few months I would have got that application with LW.