PDA

View Full Version : Compositing newb question.....

AlphaBeta
05-17-2003, 06:26 PM
Sorry Im fairly new to lightwave (using for about 2 months)

I was having problems with getting alpha channels in video format....What I want to do is simply be able to composite my character walking across a still picture.....what formats do I use for this....

I tried to save as filmexpand and use targa format...Than I went to premiere and there was no alpha channel in the sequence....

If anyone can help me to output a clip with alpha channels it would be greatly appreciated....also I have a due date this week so it would be great if you guys could help me ASAP.....thx a lot

WizCraker
05-17-2003, 06:39 PM
Try saving it using the LW_TGA32. That equals 3 color and 1 alpha channel. Usually anything that has 32 bits will have an alpha channel. If you want to use RLA I would suggest LW_RLA32, I've never used Deluxe RLA

Also Film Expand should only be used if you are converting something from 24 fps Film to 30 fps NTSC video

AlphaBeta
05-17-2003, 06:53 PM
oh man.......I was saving it under the animation types....damn.....I never realizeed you had to save it under RGB......*knocks himself in head* LOL

thanx for the response....

Beamtracer
05-18-2003, 08:48 PM
A 32-bit Quicktime will also have an alpha channel. You may have to set it to "millions of colors+" in the animation render settings (the '+' means it has an alpha channel).