PDA

View Full Version : I need to know this before I buy!

DADDYGOODY
05-17-2003, 05:45 PM
Before I buy Light wave 3d version 7.5 I have A Couple Of Questions For You Gurus out there. Is it possible to make a transperant male model that has flames throught his body but can still be animated to make a short 60 seconds or less movie. also the fire must start by the mans heart and work its self out to the rest of the body and the flames are flickering. If this is possible please let me know as soon as possible so I can purchase product and move on with my life!

Rei
05-17-2003, 06:37 PM
Yeah thats possible, I can think of a way - make a model of a man, the add flames using HyperVoxels (get it to understand, use the Discovery Eddition now) to get the effect.

LightWave Rocks!:D

Ok, have a look at this, its somthing what you want (I suck though!)
Flame Test (http://www.orkanix.com/epita/test.avi) DivX 5

prospector
05-17-2003, 06:55 PM
Yep it is

matter of fact, there is nothing you can think of that can't be done in LW if your intent enuf on doing it.

DADDYGOODY
05-17-2003, 07:07 PM
I tryed to click on the test you made for me but I cant open up avis could you convert to mpeg thanks Shannon!

WizCraker
05-17-2003, 10:30 PM
I cant see it either. Thats why I don't use divx. to much a hassle for people with macs, and it is just a rip off of an old microsoft format.

Rei
05-18-2003, 12:00 PM
its not worth it. but anything is possible in LW.

cavalos
05-19-2003, 12:07 PM
Anything but GI animations without flickering, sub surface scattering out of the box, dispersion, absorption, multiple undo, edges, and bla bla bla.

;)

DADDYGOODY
05-19-2003, 01:39 PM
I have No idea what any body is talking about?

Just to let you know I called new tek and they answred all my questions.

The only thing I need To know is where can I get messhia to make charecters like they did for jimmy neutron.

Also is it fairly easy to make charecters that I can make 30 second animations that are like little stories.

And The Last Thing is are there any tutorials on how to make really cool cartoon type trucks with lightwave!

ChrisS
05-20-2003, 08:27 AM
The short answer to your question is yes, LightWave can do that. As a matter of fact, there's an excellent example of what it sounds like you're talking about in "Blade" in which LightWave was used for the slain vampire effect.
In my opinion, LightWave is a great product, and its only limit is one's imagination.

Here's the link for Messiah.
http://www.projectmessiah.com

Newtek has plenty of tutorials:
http://www.newtek.com/community/tutorials.html

And there's also a bunch here:
http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm

They may not all be exactly about x-y-z, but they'll get you there.

Now, the long answer.... nah, you probably don't want to hear the long answer. ;)

Capt Lightwave
05-20-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by DADDYGOODY
The only thing I need To know is where can I get messhia to make charecters like they did for jimmy neutron.

You can get project:messiah here: www.projectmessiah.com
You can use messiah to animate the characters, but it won't MAKE them for you.

Also is it fairly easy to make charecters that I can make 30 second animations that are like little stories.

That is a matter of opinion...some think it's easy and some don't...it's always a whole lot of work.

And The Last Thing is are there any tutorials on how to make really cool cartoon type trucks with lightwave!

Not exactly, but you'll pick up something here and something there and.....you'll just have to practice and try for yourself ;)

DADDYGOODY
05-20-2003, 02:07 PM
Hi Rei, I finally opened up your flame test and that is so close to what I am Talking About But What I really Need To See Is iff it can go inside a person and the flames cant go outside the persons body. I asked A Sales rep and he said it was calle a rule that had to be set do you know what He is talkingabout. Do you understand what I mean. also it has to be animated with the flames inside of the person just a quick little example.

Sven Pampel
05-20-2003, 03:17 PM
This is possible in Lightwave without any problem but not in 5 minutes. You will have to learn a lot if you want to do stuff like that.

DADDYGOODY
05-20-2003, 03:30 PM
I know that but I am willing to put all my efforts twords it if you can show me a little demo or a demo someone else has done.!

Hervé
05-20-2003, 11:12 PM
Anything but GI animations without flickering

The surface baker is your way.... I just wish it was multithread..... gggrrrrr, It is soooo looooong, when you do it, you better be sure of your lighting....

DADDYGOODY
05-21-2003, 09:30 AM
I told you I dont understand what your talking about.
But I am going to go on ahead and purchase the student version of lightwave 7.5 do you know if I will get the version 8 for free. Also Will I get all the training exstras that are on this web site.
Does any body know what the support is like. Will they walk you through a problem or is it just for technical questions.

WizCraker
05-21-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by DADDYGOODY
I told you I dont understand what your talking about.
But I am going to go on ahead and purchase the student version of lightwave 7.5 do you know if I will get the version 8 for free. Also Will I get all the training exstras that are on this web site.
Does any body know what the support is like. Will they walk you through a problem or is it just for technical questions.

If you have a technical problem they will try to walk you through. Or you can just post here and you will get replys to your question.