PDA

View Full Version : I'd like a motion baker please.

zogthedoomed
02-23-2006, 02:59 AM
or rather .. a motion baker that actually does what you would expect and need.

Infact. Lets be honest. I want a motion baker that does what 'I' expect it should do.

I want it to bake the world coordinates and rotations of an object that is at the end of a long chain of parented objects, so I can just unparent it and have it do exactly the same stuff on its own or so it'll allow me to save out or export the motion path. Or whatever. ATM we have a couple of ways of baking which I'm sure is great for marketing but they both give useless results and the one decent 3rd party has not been updated since LW7.5.

Maybe I'm alone in my need.

But somehow I doubt it.

:foreheads

Mylenium
02-23-2006, 03:41 AM
or rather .. a motion baker that actually does what you would expect and need.

Infact. Lets be honest. I want a motion baker that does what 'I' expect it should do.

I want it to bake the world coordinates and rotations of an object that is at the end of a long chain of parented objects, so I can just unparent it and have it do exactly the same stuff on its own or so it'll allow me to save out or export the motion path. Or whatever. ATM we have a couple of ways of baking which I'm sure is great for marketing but they both give useless results and the one decent 3rd party has not been updated since LW7.5.

Maybe I'm alone in my need.

But somehow I doubt it.

:foreheads

Yepp, Motion Baker is largely useless. It will even screw up if you have more than one motion modifier on an object, not to speak of any parenting stuff. And please no excuses - I know that I can bake everything by using yet another dummy null and functions like wpos(). It's just not practical when you need to bake lots of motions.

Mylenium

zogthedoomed
02-23-2006, 03:53 AM
DOH!. I just knew I should of checked DStorms site before posting. They've got a free plugin that does exactly what you, sorry, I, expect a motion baker to do.

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/archives/plugins/OutputWorldCoords/doce/index.htm

jeremyhardin
02-23-2006, 01:01 PM
agreed this should be improved.

fwiw, i did find a workaround to the parenting/world coordinates thing here:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=332360&postcount=5

zogthedoomed
02-24-2006, 05:10 AM
I don't know if I did something wrong but I'd already tried this before checking out dstorm. Maybe in some instances that will work for for me it didn't. I basically had 35 scenes of a camera parented to a characters head that needed to be baked out. Maybe there was just too many layers of parenting.

arrow1234
02-18-2009, 03:55 AM
wow,dstorm saved my day. Really great plugin, even though this is such an old post, u know i just have to post a reply here.

ty for solving my parent-child messy relationship LOL :P

erikals
02-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Hm, so that's what was happening, thought it was something i did wrong...
that's kinda bad on NT's part...

well, D-storm saves the day :)

Scazzino
07-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Hmm... thought it might just be me, so I did a search...

The built-in motion baker is baking the position keys (using extra channels), but not the rotation keys... (it was reported in fogbugz already 19224) the rotation keys are all just set to whatever the rotation of the object was at the start...

Downloading OutputWorldCoords now... hopefully that one will work... ;)

Scazzino
07-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Grrr... it's a CFM plugin... anyone know of a UB plugin that properly bakes motion?
I found a few LScripts I'll try...

Scazzino
07-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Anyone else that runs into this... Adam's great little LScript worked perfectly... Thanks Adam! :thumbsup:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=618417&postcount=10

erikals
07-09-2009, 03:01 PM
...nice, thanks Scazzino :)

jwiede
07-12-2009, 08:28 PM
All said and done, though, a working Motion Baker would be nice. Hopefully Newtek gets around to fixing 19224 at some point, at the least.