PDA

View Full Version : Another One Bites The Dusts

resetnos
02-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Hello all

im asking newtek to help me out here,

ive spent a fortune on my hardware and then i spent more on VT2 (
a few years back , ive had a few problems here and there .
but after a few months of tweaking the system its been up and running flawlessly for over 8 months,
i do a lot of church work for www.norwichtabernacle.com
church site , anyway its time to upgrade and,
after 2 months of calling , seaching , emailing , im rather tired of all the dealers saying that i need vt4.
i cant even justify the price ill pay for this upgrade! my vt2 works great , i want and im ready for VT3!
Please ANYONE Willing to help me get a 200.00 upgrade to VT3 ,
its all FOR CHURCH CHARITY ive scrimpt and save to build this dream system and get it
to where its at , im ready to upgrade to VT3 not VT4 ,
any help , anyone out there willing to help me out for a good cause i dont make money" its all church work
and im already 18,000 in debt for this cause.
and have yet to get my fianal piece i need to the system a sx8 unit ,which will take another 9 months of savings. but i love your VT Technolgy its helps us create what we need fast.. and on a timley basis.
thanks for your time
(as to Another one bites the dust ) i dont want to be left behind, and need vt3 then mayby when i can afford it VT4
------------------
2048MB RDRAM RAM
WINDOWS XP PRO SP2
Adaptec 29320LP-R 64BIT Ultra320 Controller
Fujitsu MAP3367NP 36.7GB Ultra320 Drive.
Huge Systems Media Vault U320 800GB
2 VIEWSONIC VP201m 20" LCD MULTIMEDIA MONITORS
ATI RADEON 9600 Series

Tod Cole
02-23-2006, 06:09 AM
And I need a new car, so if you find someone wo will give you a nfree versions of software, please send them to me for my new car. Honestly my friend how can someone give you something for free and continue to profit?

Jim Capillo
02-23-2006, 06:46 AM
There are many ways to pick up extra change from your VT. Perhaps you could tape a wedding thru contacts at your church ? Or canvass the area businesses to see if they have need of a commercial or product demo. It really is pretty easy to make money from your box, it just takes a bit of salesmanship.

Another thing you can do is make up business cards and give them out to everyone you meet.

Jim_C
02-23-2006, 07:26 AM
Unlesss someone has a used VT3 software suite laying around to sell you will have to go to VT4. Buying new there is no VT3 or VT4 option. It is all VT4 now.

Ask a local business to sponsor the upgrade or do some VHS to DVD conversions to get the $$.

Work for it, don't beg for it.

Mediaworx
02-24-2006, 07:25 AM
If you were asking for a donation to feed the hungry or build a well in an African village so children wouldn't die from waterborne disease I'd ask where to send the check. Church business comprises a large share of the professional AV market. In a way, church business has created the current AV market. Without it, most retailers, installation contractors and manufacturers would not survive as their business model has been fashioned to serve this very market. You do not need an upgrade to do God's work, you have everything you need in VT2.

Mick Haensler
Mediaworx

JReble
02-24-2006, 08:52 AM
That, and someone's older copy of VT3 software should not work with another card since it has previously been registered to a particular VT card already. That's kinda the point isn't it?

ottis41
02-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Save your money, check Ebay, VT4 is really the right solution with the hardware you have. Lotsof Luck..

DonN
02-26-2006, 09:11 PM
I have to agree here with the thought that if you can't find the $450.00 or so to do the software upgrade legally then I gotta think you are not a serious video producer. Church or no church. Legal is what we are talking about here. Maybe get another church that has an A/V budget? And 18 grand already sunk in your VT2. WOW. How'd ja do dat?

Get a job man. One small video job would pay for VT4.6 and with change left over.

Don

Jim Capillo
02-26-2006, 10:13 PM
:2guns: Tough Crowd...... ;D

David
02-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Even I can't give you any sympathy, I am the worst cry baby in this community, but there right its a dog eat dog world and if you work hard enough god will find a way to give you what you need!:agree:

PS if wait untill after NAB I will sell you my VT[3], Just a joke:lol: