PDA

View Full Version : RestOnGround.p broken under 7.5c ?

Emmanuel
05-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Hi,

is anyone else having trouble using Ground.p in 7.5c ?
Modeler tells "Can't load plugin" and I treid adding it, scanning folders etc several times now...whats happening ?
Any help would be great...also, a few plugin such as quadsew, polysew, cm_polysubdivide don't work anymore due to script errors...

any help appreciated...

Thanks,
Emmanuel

Aegis
05-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Yup - I can confirm this - Ground.p is definitely broken - annoying as I use this quite a bit - Maybe it's sabotage by the Mac users 'cause they had to wait so long for this plug-in :D

StevenDS
05-17-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Aegis
Yup - I can confirm this - Ground.p is definitely broken - annoying as I use this quite a bit - Maybe it's sabotage by the Mac users 'cause they had to wait so long for this plug-in :D

Rest on ground R.I.P.

I'm experiencing other plugin scanning weirdness.
Scanning plugins stopped working.
Sometimes.
Plugins appear and disappear.

-Steve

EDIT:
I tried loading rest on ground from my Inspire installation.
Went back into 7.5c modeler, went to add the plug in manually, then to add the plugin to my interface, saw that I then had 2 plugins named a -little- different. (rest on ground, and rest_on_ground), added both and the both seem to work. So I removed one of them from the interface. I'm not sure if the rest on ground I'm using is from 7.5c or Inspire.
Anyways, it works now.

-Steve

TerryFord
05-17-2003, 01:47 PM
It was broken here. I reloaded Ground.p from ..plugins\model and the name has changed. Delete the version with underscores in the name from the menu and replace it with the "Rest On Ground" version. Works now.

Regards,
Terry

Aegis
05-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Yup - that works - I guess LScript changes may have broken the others - they're not part of the LightWave LScripts are they?

I may drop back to [b] whilst people work out the kinks in this release (I haven't experienced any major problems/weirdness with this release on the PC).

Gonna go through all the plugins tomorrow and see what works and what doesn't - I'll post a list and maybe some new configs people can download if necessary...

Roll on [8] eh?

ivanze
05-18-2003, 02:38 AM
Lightwave 7.5c seems to have a different default menu layout.
Rest on ground now appears on the Additional menu. You have to change it manually to the Modify/Move menu where it was before.

colkai
05-18-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by TerryFord
It was broken here. I reloaded Ground.p from ..plugins\model and the name has changed. Delete the version with underscores in the name from the menu and replace it with the "Rest On Ground" version. Works now.

Nice one, thanks a lot!
Should have though on really, if the configs weren't affected, it doesn't follow that the names remain the same. Similar things have happened in the past.
Onwards...

Matt
05-18-2003, 01:43 PM
re-adding it worked for me!

Valter
05-18-2003, 11:14 PM
Disapear quadric (mathplot.p) and Cutcurve (prims.p) tools.

the files was there, but I can't find it to assing in the tool bar

later

Lord Dubu
06-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Well glad to find out I'm not the only person with this problem. But what's irritating the crap out of me, is that I cannot get the menu configuration to stay put after I do this...

I move the working rest on ground plugin into my modify>move> position, and then choose save config... I save it over the lwm3.cfg file in documents and settings...

But every time I reopen modeler... rest on ground is missing and I have to repeate the whole thing over...