PDA

View Full Version : ivga question

MikeMohr
02-22-2006, 09:36 AM
I'm a neewbie so forgive me if this has already been asked or related. I've used my new tricaster a couple of times now with no real problems (actually it's worked great) Then I had a puzzeling thing happen yesterday. I loaded the ivga executable on a W2K laptop and it won't do anything. What I mean by that is I get the little TV in the lower right corner but it is greyed out. No color bars to it. I am also unable to connect to that computer. The ivga executable has worked on evrything else I've tried so I'm wondering what could be prohibiting the executable from fully functioning on the W2K machine? Any help is appreciated.

nevmoor
02-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Make sure that you "tell" the Tricaster the computer is available. I have VT4 but it does the same thing til you activate it in the iVGA tab.

Paul Lara
02-24-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm wondering what could be prohibiting the executable from fully functioning on the W2K machine? Any help is appreciated.

I doubt Win2k is the issue here.
One thing you can do is to activate the stream on TriCaster to see what its internal I.P. address is (say 198.202.1.1). Now, on your Win2K machine, go to Internet Properties, TCP/IP Properties and change from Dynamic addressing to a static IP address. Enter in an adjacent address. (in the example above, set an IP address of 198.202.1.2).

MikeMohr
02-28-2006, 07:27 AM
Paul,

Thaks for the tip, I'll try that the next time this happens.