PDA

View Full Version : Get on the open beta faster

Kurtis
02-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Starting today, purchase your upgrade to LightWave v9 and get the access to code to join LightWave v9 Open Beta returned to you by email. No waiting on your order to ship! Not only will you get early access to LightWave v9 you’ll receive e e-on software's Vue 5 Infinite (a $599 value) and W-Tools' LWCAD (a $199 value). But don't delay. These offers will be coming to an end soon.

BazC
02-21-2006, 02:25 PM
This is unbelievably good value! The best deal in 3d in my opinion!

Johnny9ball
02-21-2006, 02:48 PM
On the purchase upgrade I don't see anything about LWCad.

Zane Condren
02-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Once you register your copy of LW, there will be a link on the registration page to download LWCad.

Johnny9ball
02-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Thank you so much for your quick answer. I am now the proud owner of v9. :santa:

Lewis
02-21-2006, 03:55 PM
How "SOON" Kurtis :)? This month ? This Q or ?

Kurtis
02-21-2006, 04:04 PM
How soon can you get on the beta? As soon as tomorrow, if you order today. :hey:

How soon do the specials end? As soon as LightWave v9 starts shipping. How soon will that be? Now that we have the results of the first week of open beta testing, Management and Development should have a better idea soon (sorry, couldn't resist). When there's an announcement, it'll be hard to miss.

Lewis
02-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Interesting but word SOON in NewTek terms is very flexible so that's why I ask :) :D.

AFAIK when Open Beta was starting someone from NT (soory i don't remember who was) mentioned 2-3 weeks of open beta and then probably final version if there is no major bugs what will prevent/extend it. So I asume there is no many bugs :).

I tend to not buy BETA so i'll wait more but thanks for BUMP ;).

ned
02-21-2006, 04:23 PM
What about us educational users. Where can we get on the beta program if we want to upgrade from 8.5?

For that matter, where can we even order LW9? It isn't on any of the academic reseller web sites.

Johnny9ball
02-21-2006, 04:39 PM
What about us educational users. Where can we get on the beta program if we want to upgrade from 8.5?

For that matter, where can we even order LW9? It isn't on any of the academic reseller web sites.

http://shop.newtek.com/

ATTENTION STUDENTS
Looking for Great Academic Deals?
Stop by the Student Store for Educational Discounts!

Notice: An educational version must be registered with NewTek for at least six months,
before it is eligible to be upgraded to a commercial version.

ufo3d
02-22-2006, 12:01 AM
double post

ufo3d
02-22-2006, 12:02 AM
from Open Beta FAQ
How long will the LightWave v9 Open Beta last?
The LightWave v9 Open Beta will begin on February 14, 2006 and will last three to four weeks.

is that mean LW9 final version will be released after 2 or 3 weeks ?:devil:

ned
02-22-2006, 05:03 AM
Sorry Johnny8ball, those links on the shop.newtek page have no mention of version 9. And one link is broken and has been for weeks.

mattclary
02-22-2006, 05:42 AM
Sorry Johnny8ball, those links on the shop.newtek page have no mention of version 9. And one link is broken and has been for weeks.

They may not offer an academic version of 9 yet. $395 is pretty cheap, now is your chance to move to the commercial version and get in on the open beta.

Kurtis
02-22-2006, 07:55 AM
is that mean LW9 final version will be released after 2 or 3 weeks ?:devil:

LightWave v9 will be released after the LightWave v9 Open Beta has ended. We have not announced yet how long the interval will be. It all depends on the results of the Open Beta.

Kurtis
02-22-2006, 07:56 AM

If you know of a broken link on the site, please let Brian know at web[email protected]

Johnny9ball
02-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Well I placed my order two days ago. Newtek took the money out of my checkign account for LWv9 / Vue5 Infinate. I havent receved an email yet how long will it be before I get an email to enter the v9 beta?

$409.87
New Order 2/21/2006

Riff_Masteroff
02-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Hello Kurtis and everyone else,

Well, I did purchase the upgrade a while ago. All is well with getting LW9 beta 64 up and running. Vue and LWCAD are also very nice.

I have not been able to access the beta forum due to a mistake on my part. I gave an old user name (Riff) to NT discussions from my compuserve days (long past). My current user name is Riff_Masteroff.

I feel all alone........Kurtis.......can you help me alittle?

Riff Masteroff

Kurtis
02-24-2006, 05:20 AM
Well I placed my order two days ago. Newtek took the money out of my checkign account for LWv9 / Vue5 Infinate. I havent receved an email yet how long will it be before I get an email to enter the v9 beta?

$409.87
New Order 2/21/2006

Under normal circumstances, your order should have shipped yesterday at the latest. Have you received an email confirming that your order shipped? The code you need to register for the open beta should have been a part of that email.

Kurtis
02-24-2006, 05:22 AM
Hello Kurtis and everyone else,

Well, I did purchase the upgrade a while ago. All is well with getting LW9 beta 64 up and running. Vue and LWCAD are also very nice.

I have not been able to access the beta forum due to a mistake on my part. I gave an old user name (Riff) to NT discussions from my compuserve days (long past). My current user name is Riff_Masteroff.

I feel all alone........Kurtis.......can you help me alittle?

Riff Masteroff

I've offered elsewhere, and I'll extend it here too. Private message me with your full name, the email address you used when registering LightWave, your forum user ID, and the email address you used when registering for the forums.

Johnny9ball
02-24-2006, 03:23 PM
I still havent receved any e-mails about my order. Im gonna call CS and see if they can help me.

Kurtis
02-24-2006, 03:37 PM
I still havent receved any e-mails about my order. Im gonna call CS and see if they can help me.

Please do. If you have any problems, please feel free to private message me.

Johnny9ball
02-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Well the guy over the phone said they had the wrong e-mail addy. He said I will be getting Vue 5 on Mon or Tues.

He gave me my v9 serial number and then said I will need to click on the beta link or something to download and register it then he said bye and hung up. He didn't tell me where the link would be. I am assuming it will be in an e-mail now that they have my correct e-mail addy. Although I haven't gotten an e-mail yet and I'm checking like every minute hehe.

Will they send me an e-mail the guy dident say? Will the beta link be in there also for v9? Will there be information on how to log into the beta forum be in my e-mail?

Kurtis
02-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Most of your questions should be answered in our LightWave v9 Open Beta FAQ at http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw9_betafaq.php.

If you have any questions that aren't covered there, please let me know.

Johnny9ball
02-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Found it thanks! Everything is cruising along now thanks Kurtis.

Now to get into the super secret beta forums. I hope they dont haze me when I get in.

PS: I combined your video thread's at Simplylightwave.com Kurtis so you can post videos in the thread named New lightwave video's.

kfinla
02-26-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm a registered LW 8 owner, but have had no success getting the LW 9 beta.

Its an educational license from my college days when LW 8 first came out. Do you need to be getting the upgrade to v9, or have purchased LW 8 within the last 6? months to qualify?

Johnny9ball
02-26-2006, 03:32 PM
You need to purchace the LWv9 upgrade.

Riff_Masteroff
02-27-2006, 07:23 PM
hello Kurtis,

In regards to my earlier posting, thanks for getting me onto the beta forum. It means alot to me.

Riff masteroff

DragonFist
03-13-2006, 12:10 PM
I just got my "order has been shipped" email but do not see any serial numbers for use in beta registration.

EDIT: I got a response from my reply stating that it will come with the tracking information not the confirmation e-mail.