PDA

View Full Version : Great plug-in

prospector
05-16-2003, 10:46 PM
FIs MiniMo on the Flay website is Great !!!!

Move points in layout create an instant endomorph that is usable right then ( no reloading scene or object first).

Now the question..

because I can't figure out how to write expressions without gotos, ifs, ands, and thens, does anyone have an expression that you would like to part with that goes something like this;

If bone ( name bone here ) is rotated (put degrees of rotation here ) then make endomorph (Name of endomorph here ) move ( put percent of morph slider here )

Or one that ties bone to endomorph so that if I rotate a certain amount the endomorph slider goes up a certain percent, so that no matter what rotation I put then the slider auto updates without putting in lots of numbers and names ?

Or maby there is one but I don't know about it as I hardly ever (actually never) have used them.

Thanks

Dodgy
05-17-2003, 03:32 PM
That is one nice plugin :)

As for your question, there's a deformation plugin for that specific idea, called joint morph, but it doesn't take ik into account, so you have to have motion baker applied to your bone if you want it to work with that :)

Samba
05-19-2003, 01:23 AM
Check this tute. It tells you everything you need to know about Morph deformations linked to bones rotations...

http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/animation/smart-skin/index.html

head worm
05-19-2003, 12:48 PM
Hi,

You can write conditional expressions using Lightwave. For complex expressions, it's easiest to use the 'Expressions' channel modifier rather than the universal expressions list. This is because there are four scratch channels there, which allow you to write parts of the expression in each box and then refer to them by letters (A,B,C and D) in the main expression box. Check this modifier out if you haven't already - it's found in the Graph Editor under 'Modifiers'.

The syntax for writing a conditional of the type 'IF A > 0 blow up a ballon ELSE blow up an aircraft' is as follows:

A > 0 ? blow up a balloon : blow up an aircraft

You can see that the word 'IF' isn't actually written, but the space followed by the '?' does the same job and you then separate your two possibilities with a space and a colon. The spaces are important.

'A' can by any channel accessible to Lightwave's expressions. If you use the Channel modifier 'Expressions', you can type this in the scratchbox 'A' and then refer to it by letter as above. This makes things a little more elegant and readable.

I've used two ridiculous possible outcomes, but these would also be either another channel reference or an integer. The result must basically always be a number.

I've attached a very simple example scene with an example of a conditional included. There are two Null objects and the SLAVE's Y channel is told that if the Y position of the CONTROLLER is greater than 0, it should go to 1m, else it should go to -1m. They don't come much simpler than that!

I hope this is helpful. If it's confusing, please email me:

[email protected]

Cheers

Head Worm
www.the-worms-of-art.com

HowardM
05-19-2003, 08:11 PM
Thanks David, and the rest of you crazy Worms!
What a cool site, plenty of great tuts and what a crazy name...where did it come from...where did you guys come from?!
Or have you been around?
:)

head worm
05-23-2003, 02:49 AM
Howard,

Thanks for your kind words.

We have been around for years as individual worms - you will, of course, know that we are solitary by nature. However, we have only just gathered together as a collective, hoping to achieve world domination through writing tutorials, producing killer tools and eating s**t!

You are always most welcome to drop by. There are more products and tutorials just below the soil that will be germinating very soon. ;)

head worm
www.the-worms-of-art.com

ZengoBag
05-23-2003, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the URL Headworm.. just going to it now.

:)