PDA

View Full Version : Webcasting video

MakakiloBob
02-20-2006, 01:22 PM
I understand the tricorder can do video webcasting. Can you tell me how this is done? Do I need my own server? Can I use a commercial server? Can you give me some that work well? Thanks! Bob

LMSD
02-21-2006, 07:13 AM
The problem at this point is that the IP of the Tri-caster is what unicasts the stream. You would need a MS Media Server to relay the unicast stream onto your Network using Multicast, or create a unicast relay to embed in a web page so the server is taking the grunt of the connections and pushing out the stream instead of the Tri-caster.

One of the things I was looking to do is to use VLC to view the stream, since VLC can also transcode and re-stream, so I can use VLC to watch the unicast stream then transcode it to a mp4 stream and re-stream it using multicast on my internal network. I could then put an SDP file on my Quicktime Streaming server and embed a reference movie in a web page to bring up the stream on the web.

However, I get an error when attempting to watch the Tricaster stream from VLC on OSX. The Flip4Mac windows media plugin works from inside of QuickTime, and the old Window Media Player for OSX works.

Now it is off to the VLC forums to see if I can get VLC to view the stream.

-Mike

cutmanjim
02-27-2006, 07:47 AM
I use unikron for media streaming. They charge $20 to stream upto 1.2gigs to 50 viewers at 300K quality. For more prices click here http://www.unikron.com/n_vs_calculator.htm
There may be a cheaper/better company to go with, so do your homework.
Good Luck
Jim

jozenia
04-07-2006, 04:02 PM
:help:
We are trying to push a stream from the Tricaster to a streaming server. Our IT guys are telling us to configure our encoder to push it out to the server. If we were to install Real Producer on the Tricaster, first would this conflict with the current software, and second, would Real Producer even see the stream from the Tricaster, since you have to close tricaster to get to the encoder? I'm really at a loss as to how to relay the Tricaster stream to a streaming server that can multicast.

Thanks!!

The problem at this point is that the IP of the Tri-caster is what unicasts the stream. You would need a MS Media Server to relay the unicast stream onto your Network using Multicast, or create a unicast relay to embed in a web page so the server is taking the grunt of the connections and pushing out the stream instead of the Tri-caster.

One of the things I was looking to do is to use VLC to view the stream, since VLC can also transcode and re-stream, so I can use VLC to watch the unicast stream then transcode it to a mp4 stream and re-stream it using multicast on my internal network. I could then put an SDP file on my Quicktime Streaming server and embed a reference movie in a web page to bring up the stream on the web.

However, I get an error when attempting to watch the Tricaster stream from VLC on OSX. The Flip4Mac windows media plugin works from inside of QuickTime, and the old Window Media Player for OSX works.

Now it is off to the VLC forums to see if I can get VLC to view the stream.

-Mike

mayasoft
04-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Could someone provide some info on streaming to our website? I have already turned on streaming and looked at the Location info on the Stream Options. But do I need to setup the Windows Media Server? If so, what parameters do I use? Can't I just use tricaster to stream directly to our website on our local webserver? What type of link do I have to put on the website?

Any help is appreciated,
Moises
[email protected]

rmarcroft
04-17-2006, 02:47 PM
The Tricaster can't "push" a stream to your outside serving company. At the university I work at I had the IT department assign an outside IP address so that my straming company can use that address to "pull" the video from. This link is always up and is giving out when we live stream an event. The company I use is MultiMediaPros Digital Studios, 877.7MM.PROS x201
The Tricaster works fine with that company. I sure wish the TriCaster could "push" the signal. Things would be a lot simpler.