PDA

View Full Version : Move external points uniformly into a circular shape?

Mr Mouse
02-20-2006, 05:42 AM
Hopefully some kind soul will have the answer to my question...

How is it I can move all the points on the outside of a mesh so they conform more to a circular shape?

I've been trying the pole evenly tool with no success and suspect I may be going about it the wrong way?

I wish to do this to use sub d's to make metal tubular frame components without extruded/smooth shifted polys squaring off at the placess where the cylindrical poles will enter the piece.

Lewis
02-20-2006, 09:33 AM
There was one plugin (i think it's was by default in LW but burried somewher ein additional menues) called "Spherize" whic will make sphere shape from selected points. But I'm not sure will it work to from circle or will screw your object. Try to find it but if is not working then I'd make NEW Circle wiht 16 segements and stencil to front of your object. Then you just need to WELD old points to new ones made by stencil and it'll be round in center as you want (after hitting TAB). IT's not fast as would you want but works pretty nice and if you don't need to do it on many parts/objects it's OK.

Dodgy
02-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Or make a densely side circle in a background layer and use Conform to background..... Saved my butt many a time :)

Lewis
02-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah that might work also (what Dodgy said) but be sure to make very dense circle in background and poistion it right at part where you want. Also its called "BGConfirm" in LW menues.

Mr Mouse
02-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Many thanks indeed Lewis and Dodgy for some fantastic suggestions.