PDA

View Full Version : Particle FX

forte
05-16-2003, 07:52 PM
My school purchased Newtek's Video Toaster which included Lightwave 3D and Modeler 3d. The problem is that whenever I try to use the particle FX (explosion, exhaust, etc.) I recieve an error that says the file "blah/blah/blah/explosion.lwo" is not found. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, repairing and a great multitude of other possible solutions. Nothing works. If have an explanation for this phenomenon or can post the files (for all of the particle FX) on this message board, or e-mail them to me at [email protected], I would greatly appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
Forte

(p.s.: I made the Delorean rise and fly away within fifteen minutes of my first time using the program, pretty good eh?)

forte
05-19-2003, 08:15 AM
Friggin' jerks. Don't answer me then!!

J/k

Please help!!!!!!!

Forte!!!!!!

trentonia
05-19-2003, 08:39 AM
Hey,

I did a search on my drive and could not find the 'explosion.lwo' file either. I did find a file called 'title_explosion.lwo'. Maybe this file could substitute for the missing one. Hope this helps.

One of the 'friggin' jerks

forte
05-20-2003, 07:55 PM
You are hereby absolved of your friggin' jerk status. I'm at home now, but I'll try tomorrow at school! Hopefully that will work. The company I purchased it from gave me some instructions but that only succeeded in uninstalling Video Toaster and Lightwave. Hopefully your plan will be more successful, thanks for your help.

Forte