PDA

View Full Version : Re-Install Question

SLAYER
05-16-2003, 06:04 PM
I have recently had to do a clean full re-install. Now I get the message that I got a year ago when I first got Lightwave:

"Your temporary license has 14 days remaining. Contact Newtek to get a permanent license key."

I already have my permanent license key. I wrote it in my manuel after Newtek gave it to me the first time I installed. My problem is that I do not remember what I do with it or how to tell Lightwave what it is.

Can anybody tell me?

Thanks

hrgiger
05-16-2003, 06:06 PM
Go to your lightwave directory folder, open up the programs folder, and your license key file will be in there. Simply open it up with notepad, change the number in there to your permanent license key, save the file and close.

Of course, that's if you're using a PC. Not sure if it's the same on Mac.

SLAYER
05-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by hrgiger
Go to your lightwave directory folder, open up the programs folder, and your license key file will be in there. Simply open it up with notepad, change the number in there to your permanent license key, save the file and close.

Of course, that's if you're using a PC. Not sure if it's the same on Mac.

Thanks!
That was an easy one.
Guess I'll write that down in case I am without these forums some day!

sabruro
10-30-2012, 05:27 PM
How is it if I drag the license into LightWave 3D, what do I do to Re-Install LightWave 3D program?

dwburman
10-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Could you explain more clearly what you're trying to do?

To reinstall, you'd typically uninstall LightWave via the windows control panel then reinstall it using the installer from LightWave3D.com

With LightWave 11.0.3 the licensing process was updated, so now you download the key file from your registration code to your hard drive, then drag it onto the splash screen when you start the newly installed LightWave.