PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 8.5 big plastic case !

Mha8649
02-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Ok I assume everyone who pays for lightwave gets the big plastic book type case that holds all of the cds' ...ok heres my complaint only on the first holder where the program disc is theres a raised engraving of some stupid crap like master lock or something its whoever desinged the little clips that hold the cd's in place well all the cds : third party, content disk 1 and content disk 2 arrived in great scratch free condition. now program disc the one that matters arrived with a whole **** of alotta scratches and I think thats the reason why I have to reinstall lightwave a time or two so It doesnt crash on me. ok now that I got that out of the way...my question would be is there a way to have a new program disk sent to you (scratch free) that will work with the dongle I already have? any help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsdow

Johnny9ball
02-19-2006, 12:11 AM
If the program installs and runs its doubtful that the scratches are causing or caused the crashes/lockups. If the scratches were causing a bad installation it probably wouldn't finish the install. I am sure if you call CS you can get a new disk sent out for probably just a shipping fee.

Mha8649
02-19-2006, 01:34 AM
Well heres whats happinging If I install it, it will run fine but will crash repeatedly none stop like 10 within a minute now if I uninstall it and reinstall it it wont crash. I have no problems with any other program doing this. only lw. and it has alot of scratches I just wish they would have put the 3rd party disc there and not the program disc.

Mha8649
02-19-2006, 12:34 PM
It runs fine untill I try to load object. but after reinstalling it no more crashes ...so I dont know if the scratches are causing it or if theres some other problem. but Im sure the scratches do not help.

KorbenD
02-19-2006, 02:03 PM
If it installs at all without giving errors, the scratches aren't causing any of your problems.

Check for updated chipset and video drivers, defrag, check for spyware and viruses, etc.

Mha8649
02-19-2006, 02:47 PM
I did all of the above ... I even formated and reinstalled windows xp with sp 2
downloaded all of the latest drivers. It's like this If I install it with my cd burner i get the crashes but if I install it with my newer dvd burner it does not crash .....I cleaned my cd burner and it installed it fine no crashes so theres deffinanty a reading problem not enough to stop the install but...the smudges/scratches on the cd combined with the not recently cleaned cd rom drive = crashes in lw 8.5 any other program installed with the cd drive installs fine so it has to be a combination of the two. I dont mind paying some type of shipping fee and processing fee for a new program disc. If it is possible to get one.