PDA

View Full Version : 4 ch. audio from VT-edit

Chris J.
02-18-2006, 04:59 PM
I've just installed VT4 hardware & software and can't figure out how to get all four audio channels out of VT edit. In the Audio Levels window, the Left back and Right Back tabs are ghosted. I am creating 4 channel video masters and want to have eng tracks come out the front & m/e tracks out the back.
If I pan any audio track to the back, it is silent. If I use the audio mixer to shoot the audio out the back, that works, so it seems the little daughter card is working, but I can't seem to do it from within VT-Edit. Does this feature require a BOB?

Chris J.
02-18-2006, 06:04 PM
OK..figured it out. Audio properties..tick the Reverse front and back option for whatever tracks I want to move to 3 & 4....I knew it was easy!

John Perkins
02-18-2006, 06:05 PM
The rear tabs are only available for four channel audio files. They don't have anything to do with placement on playback.

You should be able to use the balance front-back setting by the slider on the Master tab, dragging the speaker on the Master tab or using the knob in the control tree.

If you need to export to DV, make sure you render in DV Type2, 32Khz 16bit Quad for the output format.

John Perkins
02-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Or that will work too. ;)