PDA

View Full Version : texture lock

neilp
02-17-2006, 07:15 AM
Does anybody know of a way to lock image map textures to polygons without using uv mapping, thing is ive modelled a building and image mapped the windows and i need to move the building to various locations (only in modeller)
and when the building moves the image maps are no longer automatically sized to the glass polys. i know about uv mapping but is there nothing easier
and less tedious:devil:

Bog
02-17-2006, 07:43 AM
You could use endomorphs, that'd do it.

neilp
02-17-2006, 08:01 AM
endomorphs, could you briefly explain. I do have a manual but it is at my home and i am at work right now

Bog
02-17-2006, 08:12 AM
Wow. OK, sure. See that set of buttons in the botom right of your Modeler display? W T M and so on - M is "Morph". Use the drop-down to create a new Morph, then move your object. Repeat for any different moves you require. Save your object (preferably with a different name, don't want any accidents>

Go to Layout, and load your object and bring up the Properties window. Go to the Displace (or maybe Deform, my machine's rendering a radiosity frame right now so I can't check) tab, and in the Add Deformation drop-down, select Morph Mixer. For each position Morph Map you created, there will be a slider. Setting these sliders to 100% for any given morph will displace the bit of your object file, but preserve it's texture co-ordinates.

Failing that, you could just Cut the moving bits of your object out and Paste them into new object files, then move them in Layout. Either way's good.

neilp
02-17-2006, 08:19 AM
cheers bog, i'll give that a go. by the way what work do you use LW for?

Bog
02-17-2006, 08:21 AM
You're welcome, neil! You can see some of my work over at www.newtek-europe.com - just click the "Mark Hennessy-Barrett" link :)

viewnathan
10-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Hi
I'v got the same problem
Using a endomorph doesn't lock the texture in place in modeler....
Question remains, how do i reposition an object in modeler without having to reposition all the textures.....

it seems such a simple thing.......

Kurtis
10-11-2006, 09:52 AM
If you're moving the object around in Modeler you will need to move the object to the correct place and then go in and hit Automatic Sizing in the Surface Editor once you have it in place. If you move the object around in Layout, the texture will stay in place no matter where you put it. It's a difference in how the two parts of the program work at this time.