PDA

View Full Version : Installed Lightwave 9 but now broken 8

peteb
02-17-2006, 07:14 AM
I've posted this in the community section but thought it better here.

Since installing nine beta my 8 version broke and only opens in discovery mode. It just says I need to get my permant license. It can see my dongle just can't see the license key.

I thought it was because I'd opened Lightwave 8 thinking it was nine and entered the wrong licence number. I''ve since gone in and made sure I've put the original license number back. I done this by opening the license file in note pad. But even so I still get the same problem. I'm now thinking that maybe it's simply because I have 9 on my machine even though Newtek say it won't effect version 8. My thoughts for this are re-inforced when I read an email from Kurtis replying to someone else who had the same problem a while back.
He says:
"Do you have more than one LightWave folder on your system? If so, the shortcut may be pointing to the wrong Programs folder."

So I'm thinking maybe that's what's happend since I installed nine although why no one else has had this problem is anyone's guess. If this is the case then how can I get Lightwave to look at 8 again and not nine?

Pete B

kilvano
02-17-2006, 11:49 AM
i think this should be posted in the beta bit

peteb
02-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Why?

This is problem with 8 not 9.

Pete B

geothefaust
02-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Do post this in the 9 beta forum, you'll see a thread for it.

Johnny9ball
02-19-2006, 12:14 AM
Try this, open Layout go to help and select "Enter Licence" enter your key close and restart.