PDA

View Full Version : Next Tricaster Patch

ryanneves
02-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Paul: is there an ETA on the next patch for the tricaster or perhaps a work in progres of fixes/features on the next patch? We have a VCR lockup bug that tech support said they are working on and would be in the next patch....just wondering.

Paul Lara
02-16-2006, 04:32 PM
I don't have an ETA for any TriCaster patch, Ryan.

ryanneves
02-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Did another "Live Broadcast" today...the tricaster locked up when it automatically goes from the VCR to a the "next" video switching feed.....stayed locked up for 15 minutes (Video and Audio still ran and we could kinda switch with the external controller), waiting 10 seconds at a time until we had to go black on the broadcast and reboot. Then any video we tried to import would lock up the tricaster on the import, waited 5 minutes in 10 second intervals, until we had to reboot into admin, reset settings, and then cold boot the tricaster again.....I really really really need the vcr lock problems fixed.

cutmanjim
02-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Try opening your VCR file in the "edit" portion of your Tricaster. Make sure that the ready to play light turns blue, not red. Sometimes when builing a VCR clip, your TriCaster won't give you the blue ready light, no matter how long you wait. Usually there are too many layers on a portion of the clip. If you "Prepare for VCR' and the light had not changed from red to blue, that could be causing your Tricaster to lock-up.

ryanneves
03-08-2006, 07:14 PM
nope. only seems to mess up in the live tab....I'm almost able to make it happen on command....once I can I'll give tech support another ring....it doesn't seem to matter if I use my own clips or one that came with the unit.

amiga2091
03-14-2006, 09:49 AM
You mentioned any video you tried to import. What formats have you tried to import so far?

ryanneves
03-14-2006, 01:11 PM
Uncompressed AVI, Microsoft DV compressed, MPG1 MPG2, never got wmv to ever work.

amiga2091
03-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Just out of curiosity, have you tried loading in our standard content video clips? If they don't load then it might be the TriCaster.

ryanneves
03-16-2006, 05:53 AM
from 03-08 post (....it doesn't seem to matter if I use my own clips or one that came with the unit.) also it is not a consistant problem, that is why I'm attmepting to nail down the sequence of events to duplicate.

bdbusch
05-09-2006, 11:53 AM
any word on this lock up? we have had ours lockup 2 weeks in a row (use for Sunday worship). I'm gathering info on where it locks up, but basically the mouse stops working.

Art White
05-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Mine locked up a week ago when I loaded a VCR clip, hit play to get it started then switched to it. BUT, I may have not waited until the Blue light came on and got impatient and tried to switch to my other two cameras when the first one would not switch.

Art