PDA

View Full Version : Hi

gottsbett
02-15-2006, 06:46 PM
I was just wondering how does one get a demo of Lightwave. I did not see one on the site.

I have tried out many demos in my quest to find a more advanced program then the free bees and the few I purchased. Right now I am using Amorphium 3 to model. UVlayout beta to map out uvs. Deep Paint 3D and since A3 does not use complicated UVs Daz studio to render.

Besides Zbrush, Lightwave is the only program that after visiting the site I felt the BUY IT NOW urge.

Anyone who would like to throw out a sells pitch go ahead. I would really like to hear some user opions.

Here is somthing I put together in a couple of minutes with A3...

Nicolas Jordan
02-15-2006, 08:35 PM
If you call Newtek sales they should be able to send you out a demo. I heard there are plans to have a downloadable demo version sometime soon but I think for now you will need to call and request it.

Lightwave is a great program and comes with every thing out of the box. YOu may want to preorder Lightwave 9.0 before it ships in the coming months because you can get Vue Infinite. :D :thumbsup:

Kurtis
02-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Currently, you can get a demo version of LightWave 8.5 and a demo reel for free by contacting our Sales department at 1-800-847-6111 or [email protected] There is no charge for the CDs or the shipping.

gottsbett
02-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the info.

StereoMike
02-16-2006, 12:59 AM
And the community is great (and funny). If you're stuck in the middle of a process, just post your question in one of the nice forums(e.g. this one, spinquad.com or lwg3d.org) and you can be sure someone will help you.
If you're willing to learn something, everyone will try to help honing your skills.

And I second nj3designs comment, get into the boat quick and get vue infinite and the great lwcad-tools for free. And of course lw9 :)

Mike

gottsbett
02-19-2006, 06:15 PM
My demo reel is in the mail. A few Zbrush users have sugested I buy Lightwave first. That is very surprising!

I am going to go over the demo reel when it gets here.

thanks for all sugestions.

http://www.pixolator.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=27186