PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Register My V.9 Open Beta?

Giacomo99
02-15-2006, 04:08 PM
>We made some changes to the system today to auto-fill your LW9 open beta serial number in the system so you don't have to wait on the email.. Just login to your profile and it should show you your license for the 9 beta on the main page.. if not - just click the register LW 9 open beta and it will auto-fill your number for you automatically...

I'm on a Mac. I downloaded and installed the Open Beta successfully, but I can't figure out how to register it. Here are the issues:

1. First of all, there's something called "Register Lightwave.app" in the LW9 Beta folder, but when I click on it I get the message "You cannot open the application "Register Lightwave.app" because it may be damaged or incomplete."

2. How do I "log in to my profile?" I'm logged in at register.newtek.com and it shows my license number for LW8--is that also my number for LW9? There's no other number displayed.

3. LW9 and Layout launch fine (even without being registered), but it tells me I'm running in "discovery mode." Is this how the Open Beta works? Did I register somehow without knowing it? Does this explain why the Hub doesn't work in V9, or is that not related?

Please advise.

GM

Lamont
02-15-2006, 06:20 PM
1 - Download it again, it sounds like a busted file.

2 - There is a banner that's on the first page after you log in. Looks like this:
http://register.newtek.com/images/lw9-openbeta-banner-moreinf.jpg.
I didn't get my LW9 stuff, yet, but I'd start fishing around there.

3 - This is because you're not registered.

Gratters
02-16-2006, 01:55 AM
Mine defaults to discovery mode when the dongle isn't attached.

Thalaxis
02-16-2006, 06:37 AM
Mine defaults to discovery mode when the dongle isn't attached.

It also does that if you don't have working dongle drivers installed. It happened to me once when I got a new machine and forgot to update the driver.

Kurtis
02-16-2006, 07:17 AM
This license key should be entered into LightWave by opening the "License.key" file from the LightWave v9\Programs folder in your text editor and replacing the number already there with the new number, including dashes. When you have done this and saved the file, check to make sure a ".txt" extension has not been added to the end of the file name. If you do not have a "License.key" file in your LightWave v9\Programs folder, you can create one in your text editor.