PDA

View Full Version : fx emitter animation loop

Meerah
02-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Hello,
I wanted to do an animation with small bubbles and what I wanted to do is to loop the animation...I mean to have the first exported frame look the same as the last one... I tried to specify the loop frame number in etc. column in FX emitter properties but I did not get desired effect although I think It should work that way...???? Only thing it does is, that it inserts the very first one frame at the end of the sequence...I have also specified the starting frame of my sequence as -60 while I want same amount of bubbles at every frame ..
Have anybody experience with looping animation ?

faulknermano
02-16-2006, 12:43 AM
i can offer a suggestion of what i would do:

i would first make the fx animation in this way: emit particles, maybe from 1 - 10 frames; on frame 1 it emits, and on frame 10 it shuts down. but i let the particle go up (as i would assume your bubbles will do). i will let the particles travel as far as it needs to go. lets say up to 60 frames.

then i would save out this particle as a pfx file.

then i create a null, attach an emitter, go to the File tab, select the pfx file. i'll switch Playback mode to Key.

then i create ANOTHER null and do the same thing.

these two nulls will take turns emitting from frame 1-10, then 11-20, etc etc. i'll control when they emit by placing keys at the proper cycle times. in this case i'll key Null1 frames 1, 21, 41, etc. and i'll key Null2 at frames 11, 32, etc.

Lamont
02-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Here. I did a sample scene... take a look at the loop settings, the lifetime and the actual end frame number. No need for all the nulls ^_^!!