PDA

View Full Version : Screamer net problems

durochde
02-15-2006, 10:05 AM
I am using lightwave 8.5. I have setup screamernet according to the directions that were supplied with the help file. Everything works. I get the "per frame" render from each of my computers, etc. However, this is the problem. When screamernet is rendering it doesn't render the image to *.jpg. It render them to *.flx. I tripple checked everything and still cannot figure out where the problem is. Everytime I setup a scene to render I check the Render Options to make sure that I am rendering to RGB and not to an animation. Any ideas will be appreciated. It is a shame that Newtek hasn't done more to make screamernet a better product.

Matt
02-15-2006, 01:33 PM
This is almost certainly a config / plugin issue.

.FLX (LW FLeXible format) images are saved when render nodes can't find the specific 'file saver' plugin, in your case JPG.

Render nodes are told the location of all plugins in the LWEXT.cfg file, so double-check:

a) The paths to your config files

b) That the paths to the plugins INSIDE your LWEXT.cfg are pointing to correct location (LWEXT.cfg is just a text file, force load it into a text editor)

Check my Screamernet tutorials (links in my signature) for more information.

Matt

lilrayray77
02-20-2006, 11:14 AM
I had the same problem when setting up snII. And Matt is right. Open your config file in note pad (or whatever program you are using) and make sure all paths are pointed to 'L:' not 'C:' or '..'. This should clear things up.