PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 8.5 takes ages to load why ?

andy gee
02-15-2006, 05:47 AM
Hi everybody

i have a little problem with lightwave 8.5, evey time i load it it take approx 15

seconds to load up where as before it loaded straight away, if i click on the

screen at all while it is loading it crashes. I was wondering if anybody else has

experienced this and if so how do I fix it ?

If anybody can help then that would be great

Thanks Andy Gee

WCameron
02-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Hi everybody

i have a little problem with lightwave 8.5, evey time i load it it take approx 15

seconds to load up where as before it loaded straight away, if i click on the

screen at all while it is loading it crashes. I was wondering if anybody else has

experienced this and if so how do I fix it ?

If anybody can help then that would be great

Thanks Andy Gee

its the new open GL stuff. it takes just about everyone that small amount of time to actually get into the app. its actually noted in one of the releases about LW9 as well, but its something they're working on.
dont expect it to get fixed for LW8.5 though, The 8 development cycle is over - unless things have changed from the time Chuck posted there were no
plans to go back and tweek things.

- Will.

Exception
02-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Thats pretty bad... 8.5 still has some stiff bugs that need to get sorted out for it to be truly worth being called 'finished'.

SP00
02-15-2006, 11:39 AM
in a sense, newtek has been working on those bugs, but the fix will come in LW9.

Matt
02-15-2006, 12:08 PM
LW still loads faster than any application I own! Adobe CS2 suite being the worst offender, absolutely ridiculous lanuch times!

Hoopti
02-15-2006, 04:46 PM
LW still loads faster than any application I own! Adobe CS2 suite being the worst offender, absolutely ridiculous lanuch times!

The new production studio is horrible too. But at least they give a status of what they're doing in the process. Most of the CS stuff I've seen that takes a while are the presets and fonts loading on my machine.

But on my system, After Effects is much slower than LW.

Hoop