PDA

View Full Version : Forum for LW [9] Open Beta

marku
02-15-2006, 05:04 AM
What is the link to that forum? I would like to post some bugs.

How do I report bugs for the LightWave v9 Open Beta?
All bug reports for the Open Beta program should be posted to the private forum area provided by NewTek for this program.

KillMe
02-15-2006, 05:47 AM
once registered should jsut be a matter of time for the open beta forum to appear - patience young grasshopper

gjjackson
02-15-2006, 05:48 AM
You'll see it when you are given authorization. It's a private forum so no link can be disclosed. NDA.

marku
02-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Ok, thanks, let's hope that the process works for customers of Newtek Europe too.

Reiser
02-15-2006, 07:15 AM
How do we get involved in this? We would like to be in on the Beta.

Kurtis
02-15-2006, 07:44 AM
How do we get involved in this? We would like to be in on the Beta.

Please visit our Open Beta FAQ.
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw9_betafaq.php

If you still have any questions, please let us know.

PixelFarmer
02-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Earlier today I registered for the LW9 beta, but did not receive the confirmation email. After several hours I registered again, and on the registration page I received the message that the confirmation email was resent, but I still haven't received it.

Thanks.

Mitch

Thalaxis
02-15-2006, 09:21 PM
My experience thus far has been the same. I registered at around noon EST, and it's almost midnight now... still no e-mail.

Gratters
02-16-2006, 12:54 AM
Earlier today I registered for the LW9 beta, but did not receive the confirmation email. After several hours I registered again, and on the registration page I received the message that the confirmation email was resent, but I still haven't received it.

Thanks.

Mitch

It was OK here in the UK. Just waiting for the activation key.

Marshun
02-16-2006, 02:32 AM

Thanks.

Mitch

My experience thus far has been the same. I registered at around noon EST, and it's almost midnight now... still no e-mail.
Yeah me too.

I got thru the Registration to that panel with the clickable automatic email feature for to notify NewTek ... but it didn't work. So I emailed manually.

I don't know if Newtek got my message for the key.

Marshun
02-16-2006, 02:36 AM

Thanks.

Mitch

Yeah me too.

I got thru the Registration to that panel with the clickable automatic email feature for to notify NewTek ... but it didn't work. So I emailed manually.

I don't know if NewTek got my message for the key.

Red_Oddity
02-16-2006, 02:56 AM
What is the link to that forum? I would like to post some bugs.

All bug reports for the Open Beta program should be posted to the private forum area provided by NewTek for this program.

As taken from the FAQ:

All bug reports for the Open Beta program should be posted to the private forum area provided by NewTek for this program. Do not send Open Beta program bug reports to Technical Support or [email protected]

Kurtis
02-16-2006, 06:31 AM
If you register with NewTek, some people have reported problems receiving the email, so we have changed the download and registration system. You should now be able to access your registration information for the open beta by logging into your product registration account at http://register.newtek.com. You should now be able to access the software downloads by clicking on the "Downloads" link in your registration account.

If you register with NewTek Europe, you can contact them directly if you have not received your email. Please allow some time for the message to travel.

As to the forums, go to the NewTek Discussion Forums main page at http://www.newtek.com/forums and log-in. On that main page, scroll down almost to the bottom, looking for a forum section titled "LightWave Open Beta". If you see this section, you may begin participating immediately. Please be patient. Due to the number of people applying for this program, it may take 1-2 business days for you to be added to this private forums section. If you cannot currently see this section, please check back often. People are being added to this section daily. If you cannot access the private forums yet, please hold your questions about the program until you can. If you are having trouble registering or accessing the software downloads, these questions should be directed to NewTek or NewTek Europe Customer Service by email. Once you have accepted the terms of the NDA to join the program, you should no longer ask questions about it on public forums.

PixelFarmer
02-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Thanks Kurtis:

That works.
BTW, on the DL page, the link to the actual beta is "32-bit PC Platform". For a dense guy like me, it took me awhile to figure out that that IS the LW9 installer (there are other installers listED). You might consider "LW9b1 32-bit PC Platform" or something like that.

Looking forward to checking it out.

Take Care

Mitch

lostinspace1978
02-17-2006, 03:29 PM
As to the forums, go to the NewTek Discussion Forums main page at http://www.newtek.com/forums and log-in. On that main page, scroll down almost to the bottom, looking for a forum section titled "LightWave Open Beta". If you see this section, you may begin participating immediately. Please be patient. Due to the number of people applying for this program, it may take 1-2 business days for you to be added to this private forums section. If you cannot currently see this section, please check back often. People are being added to this section daily. If you cannot access the private forums yet, please hold your questions about the program until you can. If you are having trouble registering or accessing the software downloads, these questions should be directed to NewTek or NewTek Europe Customer Service by email. Once you have accepted the terms of the NDA to join the program, you should no longer ask questions about it on public forums.

How many people are being added a day?

zapper1998
02-18-2006, 05:02 AM
I have a few questiuons

when will the LW beta forum start up 1,2,3,4,5,6, days from now ???

:newtek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lostinspace1978
02-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Its been four days now!! The FAQ said 1-2 days. Whats going on?

cc3d
02-18-2006, 08:28 AM
it started 4 days ago, you just have to be in the beta to see it:goodluck:

lostinspace1978
02-18-2006, 08:31 AM
Not all beta users can get in yet.

lostinspace1978
02-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Will someone from newtek please respond? I've read the FAQs. I want into the open beta forums NOW. I've been waiting for 4 days. By the time I get in it will be over.

Kurtis
02-18-2006, 11:40 AM
The open beta forums were opened the same day as the open beta yet.

If you can't see it, the first thing to do is to clear your browser's cache, close it, reopen it, log-in to the NewTek Discussion Forums main page at http://www.newtek.com/forums/index.php, and scroll down almost to the bottom to look for a section titled LightWave Open Beta. If you can see it, you can participate.

If you cannot see it, it may be for a couple of reasons.

1. You did not provide a forums user ID when you areed to the beta that matched the forums user ID you actually use.

2. We have been emailing people each day whose forums ID did not match anything in the forums at the email address associated with their product registration account. If you got such an email, reply to it with the information requested.

3. If you did not receive such an email, please be sure to check your spam filters. If the email address associated with your product registration account is not valid, we don't know how to contact you.

If number 3 is the case, you can contact Customer Service ([email protected]) or the webmaster ([email protected]) with your correct information and ask to be added to the forums. If you register with NewTek Europe, you will need to contact them instead.

lostinspace1978
02-18-2006, 01:12 PM
1. You did not provide a forums user ID when you areed to the beta that matched the forums user ID you actually use.

I just checked this out, I entered the wrong ID. The ID I entered is being used by another user, so I'm not getting an email to correct this. Do I have to wait till monday to fix this?

hstewarth
02-18-2006, 01:38 PM
I found an issue with registering the Lightwave 9.0 beta. I successully got the confirmation and installed it ( not on C drive ) and I enter the serial # priovide and its accepts - but when I go into Modeler or Layrout of the registration utility - it still thinks my code is not there.

I am going to unistalled Lightwave 9 and installed it on my C: drive.

Is this an issue with installing it or am I doing something wrong.

Cougar12dk
02-18-2006, 05:14 PM
I have the same problem. It says I have 13 days left of my beta-trial.

Are we to interpret this as if the LW9 is shipping in 13 days? Or is that just wishful thinking? :)

hstewarth
02-18-2006, 07:46 PM
I have the same problem. It says I have 13 days left of my beta-trial.

Are we to interpret this as if the LW9 is shipping in 13 days? Or is that just wishful thinking? :)

I doubt that. It could be that new updates come out every 2 weeks. Or it could be something is wrong with Registeration system. Or my #'s were wrong and it didn't reported it. Maybe we suppose to re-register it ever 2 weeks.

I did re-installed in drive C: and same thing happen.

Cougar12dk
02-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Yes, that would seem more likely

lostinspace1978
02-21-2006, 01:56 PM
If number 3 is the case, you can contact Customer Service ([email protected]) or the webmaster ([email protected]) with your correct information and ask to be added to the forums. If you register with NewTek Europe, you will need to contact them instead.

I emailed the Webmaster and got no response. I called newtek CS, they told me they didn't know what to do or how to get in touch with the webmaster. So WEBMASTER I would like to get into the beta forums.

prospector
02-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Are we to interpret this as if the LW9 is shipping in 13 days? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking.

Look in the main LW9 folder in program

you'll find a lic file

your number you typed is probably in line 2 when it should be the number in line 1.

copy line 2 number and paste it where the number in line 1 is deleting the original line 1 number.
save it

you should then get a 45 day trial.

Cougar12dk
02-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Nope, that doesn't work :(

lostinspace1978
02-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Wishful thinking.

Look in the main LW9 folder in program

you'll find a lic file

your number you typed is probably in line 2 when it should be the number in line 1.

copy line 2 number and paste it where the number in line 1 is deleting the original line 1 number.
save it

you should then get a 45 day trial.

Thanks Prospector!! It worked

Kurtis
02-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Everyone who says they still cannot access the forums...

Please log-out,
clear your browser cache,
close and re-open your browser,
go to the forums main page at http://www.newtek.com/forums,
log-in, and
scroll down almost to the bottom looking for LightWave Open Beta.

If you can see it, you can start participating right away.

If you still can't see it, private message me with your full name, forum user ID, the email address you used to register for the forums, and the email address you used to register for the open beta.

lostinspace1978
02-21-2006, 02:19 PM
My problem is I entered the wrong login name when I registered. Instead of lostinspace1978, I entered lostinspace.

manholoz
02-21-2006, 02:40 PM
I have the mistaken identity thing too. Should have been manoloz, and I entered juanmanuel (my name in cgtalk).