PDA

View Full Version : LW 9 Open BEta Available from NEWTEK EUROPE NOW !

romrom74
02-15-2006, 04:33 AM
just hit f5 at the right time ...downloading right now....

Bog
02-15-2006, 05:03 AM
Bunnnndle! :D

Gwynhale2
02-15-2006, 05:08 AM
Anybody understood the LW9 registration procedure at NewTek Europe? If I select LW9 Beta and enter the LW9 Serial it does not work, if I enter the LW 8 serial as the page asks for it does not work neither :( Selecting LW8 and entering the old serial would probably work but it won't take me to get the new licnse key, I think ...

Little_donkey
02-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Anybody understood the LW9 registration procedure at NewTek Europe? If I select LW9 Beta and enter the LW9 Serial it does not work, if I enter the LW 8 serial as the page asks for it does not work neither :( Selecting LW8 and entering the old serial would probably work but it won't take me to get the new licnse key, I think ...

same problem here mate...

Panikos
02-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Europe follows things with a lag of 2 days :(
Every time the registration procedure is improved, every time we need a map and a compass to cross the obstacles to the download page.
I wish this procedure will be nailed down and fixed many days before the zero day.

Oh well, we have patience

Cageman
02-15-2006, 12:26 PM
I got to the software download, where I got a serial number which I should register to get another serial number? The word register was highlited, indicating a link. Clicking on that didn't bring me to a "register LW9 Beta page". Instead I got confused...

Can anyone clear things up for me? :)

T-Light
02-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Hi Cageman.

Ignore the 'register here' link, (it's an evil trap)
Just fill in the info as stated using your forum name 'Cageman' and your email address that you use for these forums.

Use the serial number on your latest (pre-9) Lightwave upgrade cd case.

Cageman
02-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Oh..well.. got an email telling me to register the dongle id, but the link provided doesn't really put me where I should go.

soioartist
02-16-2006, 12:45 AM
hi all (my 2nd post from rainy switzerland, juhuuu!)
i managed to get the beta from newtek europe. 1st i had to provide my version 8 serial, wich took me to a download page and gave me a temprary serial number (or licence key) (eg. xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx).
i registered that number with my dongle number (or Lock ID) (eg. xxxxx) and my light wave serial number (eg. 2xxxxxxxxx) to obtain a permanent licence key (eg. xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx).
now i'm waiting...
in my opinion the problem with registration at newtek are the different terms used for the same numbers as well as the amount of different numbers.
as far as i can see you have three numbers:
1. lightwave serial (printed on yor dongle): 2xxxxxxxxx
2. dongle / lock id: xxxxx
3. licence key: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

by the way: take care where to install the beta. i read the NDA but people should know and i will not provide any further info on this...

greetings
simon

Gratters
02-16-2006, 01:58 AM
I registered as Pre - 9 and it seemed to work.

Just waiting for the licence key now.

Cageman
02-16-2006, 11:53 AM
What is wrong with NT-Europe? I can't seem to find the page where I am supposed to fill in the form and finaly get a "real" license key. It was there earlier today, but now I can't find it. I click on Register-button, but the only thing I get are links to register LWCad... !?

Anyone... a direct link would be much appriciated.

EDIT: I click on this link, which is from NT-Europe: http://www.newtek-europe.com/register.htm but something magic is happening, so I get to this page instead: http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/index.asp

This is not good at all... noooot good... :(

EDIT2: Ok, strange. Changed to my Laptop and baamm.. I was able to open the link! Really strange, but... I'm on the happy train again! :)

Cageman
02-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Still waiting for the license-key. Anyone else who registered yesterday still waiting?

romrom74
02-17-2006, 12:09 PM
just received my license key..

Bog
02-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Got mine early this morning, sorry I forgot to say!

colkai
02-17-2006, 12:15 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:
I've obviously upset someone at Newtek, I'm still waiting.

Look, just 'cause I mentioned age... :hey: :angel:

Bog
02-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Oh wow, Col, you must'a said something really, really bad!

Hold on. You did remember to PayPal 20 to Ben when you submitted your request... didn't you? ;)

colkai
02-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Darn, it slipped out of the envelope honest guv'nor, would I lie to you, on me muvvers life. :p

Cageman
02-18-2006, 06:08 AM
Wohooo! I got mine yesterday, evening. :) Must be thousends of people wanting to go LW9 Open Beta! Im happy now!

This said, there must be something done to the registration process. Next time, maybe! :) *lol*