PDA

View Full Version : question on new 7.5 help files

SLAYER
05-15-2003, 08:37 PM
Newtek posted this statement regarding the release:

"Also available as part of this release is the LightWave [7.5] Help System. The Help System is a large group of .html files that will be installed on your Start menu when you download and install the Help executable."

I have downloaded and everything is in a new folder named help in my Lightwave directory. I do not see a help.exe icon. Are we to be able to access this help function from within Lightwave? If so, how? What does it mean when they say "Installed on your start menu"?
As it is now, I have to navigate to this folder in my lightwave folder via explorer (or shortcut) and then click the index icon to access the help.

WizCraker
05-16-2003, 03:32 AM
It appears that it did not make a link in the start menu like Newtek said. At least not for me either.

There is no help.exe, if you click on the index.html file it will open up the help files.

raymondtrace
05-17-2003, 05:43 PM
I found the Macromedia Flash Enabled reference on the main page of the help a little misleading. I was thinking there would be animated demos of the software like some of the tutorials on the web site. It seems that there is only one Flash file and it is simply a visual accent.

WizCraker
05-17-2003, 06:13 PM
Yeah kind of cheesy. Wonder how much they got paid for that adertisment. :)