PDA

View Full Version : TMPGEnc/.vtp Stopped Working!

kabod
02-14-2006, 02:28 PM
All of a sudden TMPGEnc will no longer recognize .vtp or the older VT3 project files. I did about a dozen renders of motion DVD menus last week with no problem...this week NOTHING. The NewTek plugins are still listed in the VFAPI window but all I get is....(DRAT, DARN IT, WHAT THE...HECK???) Wouldn't ya know it...it just started working again for no apparent reason....
I'm gonna post this anyway in case someone else has a clue.
I have spent the past hour rebooting, changing settings, changing back, etc. with no success...I just ran TMPGEnc again just so I could get the wording right on the error I kept getting ( like unsupported file, etc.) and it just decided to mock me by working.....
Is this some sort of joke 'cause I'm not amused?
Any ideas?

Randall Chesbro
02-14-2006, 03:08 PM
I cant get mine to work at all......

Pete Draves
02-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Try to resave the project in the new format and reload into the encoder
(Tempeg)
This usually works for me

Pete

Randall Chesbro
02-15-2006, 05:33 AM
I think I tryed them all , and when i though the avi rapper was rendering it was only showing black?

Pete Draves
02-15-2006, 06:56 AM
sometomes more than one version of plugin can be present.
This can cause problems recognizing the wrapper or a project.
Look in the tempeg directory and remove anything that may say toaster or vt or the like and delete
then re install 3rd party plugins. I hope this may be the case for you.
Pete

wvp
02-15-2006, 06:57 AM
I just upgraded 3 machines to VT 4.6. I haven't tried using TMPGEnc yet. Has anyone found that the plugin works?
Seems we have had so many issues with this problem (different versions, different issues with each as to why the plugin does not work), I'm hoping it works in 4.6!

Pete Draves
02-15-2006, 07:43 AM
the 4.6b is working excellent here. but like above I had to remove redundent plugins from the tempeg directory. 10 or so titles have been done!!
Pete

Jim_C
02-15-2006, 07:56 AM
.vtps, 4.6b and tmpgenc 2.5xxx work fine here.

kabod
02-15-2006, 08:47 AM
What's weird is that it works fine in 4.6 for awhile and then sometimes does not work at all! I have tried resaving in .vtp and the older VT3Edit formats a dozen times with no success and then all of a sudden it starts working again. I hate gremlins!!

Videonut
02-16-2006, 10:13 PM
sometomes more than one version of plugin can be present.
This can cause problems recognizing the wrapper or a project.
Look in the tempeg directory and remove anything that may say toaster or vt or the like and delete
then re install 3rd party plugins. I hope this may be the case for you.

Good call Pete, I had a very similar problem with TEMPEnc and did what you posted and it appearred again. I do believe what caused it was when I was rendering files from the same directory with two computers that are linked through a network. When it happened both machines locked up and I lost the capabilities to even open up the program on the machine with VT4. But now everything is back up and running.

Zane Condren
02-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey guys if you find a project that doesn't load please send me the project file. I have VT4.6 and TMP installed so maybe I can help John PErkins track it down. my email is zcondren at Newtek.com

wvp
04-21-2006, 07:15 AM
Hey guys if you find a project that doesn't load please send me the project file. I have VT4.6 and TMP installed so maybe I can help John PErkins track it down. my email is zcondren at Newtek.com
I'll send a couple to you ---
Just yesterday tried to load a montage project (jpgs, pngs, mp3s) no go. 2 days earlier a similar project worked fine.