PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Beta Available...Oh Yeh?

GreyGhost
02-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Wonderful news........or so I thought.

Has anyone read the announcement at Newtek Europe?..............I found it unprofessional and condesending. It is exactly this cavalier attitude which could have a detremental effect on future business. People have waited a long time for this product and do NOT need to told to go have a good night out on Valentines Day!............Some of Al Capones' friends did just that and look what happened to them.

I shall once again with everyone else wait a few more hours.........steaming.......quitely........out having a Valentines 'Good night out".

dgon64
02-14-2006, 05:04 PM
From Chicago- they weren't his friends but his competitors so I think the comparison stretches the point. We're all friends here-now if you want to talk about the competition -uhh-you'll have to go to their forums.

pauland
02-14-2006, 06:26 PM
GreyGhost: The advice on Newteks site is good - far better to be entertaining on Valentine's day than waiting for some dowload as though your life depended on it. I think chilling out would be infinitely preferable to steaming. One more day isn't going to change anything.

Red_Oddity
02-15-2006, 02:57 AM
Yeah, but what about us girlfriend-less uber nerds?
We need our download now, or we might get CTS from repeatedly banging that F5 button.

:)

GreyGhost
02-15-2006, 07:18 AM
I'm reeeeeeeeeally OK now........it's here!

peace and tranquility has been restored, all is well..aaaaaaahh.....zzzzz

Reiser
02-15-2006, 07:29 AM
We would like to be in on the Beta ... please, how do we do this?

Kurtis
02-15-2006, 07:45 AM
We would like to be in on the Beta ... please, how do we do this?

Please visit our Open Beta FAQ.
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw9_betafaq.php

If you still have any questions, please let us know.

Mha8649
02-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Yeah, but what about us girlfriend-less uber nerds?
We need our download now, or we might get CTS from repeatedly banging that F5 button.

:)

Shure from hitting the f5 button . I believe you. :D

DragonFist
02-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Please visit our Open Beta FAQ.
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw9_betafaq.php

If you still have any questions, please let us know.

I have a question, I have a lw 8.5 but do not have a 10 digit Vue Infinite code. From what I read on the open beta faq, I qualify but not from the code needed. Do I have this wrong?

pauland
02-19-2006, 04:29 AM
I have a question, I have a lw 8.5 but do not have a 10 digit Vue Infinite code. From what I read on the open beta faq, I qualify but not from the code needed. Do I have this wrong?

You must have purchased an upgrade that entitles you to LW9 when it's released. I think that in just about evry case that means you should have vue inifite as well.

Paul

DragonFist
02-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Fair enough. That is not clear in the faq. It simply says:

You may purchase a full commercial version of LightWave [8] v8.5

Not "8.5 since..."

Chuck
02-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Fair enough. That is not clear in the faq. It simply says:

Not "8.5 since..."

Present tense answer to a present tense question - it's talking about how to become qualified by making a purchase now. That said, adding text that lets folks know how to determine if they already are qualified as a result of a previous purchase would be reasonable - it's covered in other documents and information on the site and in previous announcements, but bears repeating.

DragonFist
02-20-2006, 12:12 AM
Thanks Chuck for the clarification. I am a bit bummed as I was hoping to do the beta and don't quite have the funds for the v9 upgrade (yet!). But I see what I misunderstood. Thanks.