PDA

View Full Version : 3D Anatomy Models??

Kuzey
02-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi guys,

I'm looking on my own and it seems it's going to a long search.

Anybody know of a good 3D digestive system models for Lightwave, not the $14,000 one I found just before. :P

Many thanks,

Kuzey

DrTWT
02-14-2006, 09:17 AM
try turbosquid; there's quite a bit of anatomy there (eg http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/267558), but nothing is going to be as good as the models you refer to....

metahumanity
02-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Hi guys,

I'm looking on my own and it seems it's going to a long search.

Anybody know of a good 3D digestive system models for Lightwave, not the $14,000 one I found just before. :P

Many thanks,

Kuzey

please give me the link to the 14.000 one.

thx

lesford
02-14-2006, 10:35 AM
3D Cafe has some free models of various parts is 3ds format, but nothing as lwo. They don't have textures. For what it's worth, I don't even think that the big dollar Zygote models come with textures.

I just bought a bunch of small Zygote models, and was generally disappointed with the lack of textures and the poorly thought out meshes. They do have an excellent sale on right now though; 30 percent off and a hundred dollars taken off the top of your order.

Les

Kuzey
02-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah, it's a Zygote model :D

http://www.3dscience.com/female_anatomy_3d_model.asp

Kuzey

lesford
02-14-2006, 05:52 PM
http://www.exchange3d.com/new3d/gallery-album_3D_models_human.html

Check this out if all you need is a digestive system. There is a throat to testicles model with all the organs and bones for $295. Its original format is lwo, which will make life easier for surfacing. I might buy one of these myself.

They also have a model of just the digestive system housed in an outer body for $98, and the whole body (male) with skeleton, nerves and organs for $420.

The Zygote models are super dense meshes, are not natively Lightwave, and do not come with the image maps, which are so much a part of the way they pitch the product. They don't even show you what you are actually buying.

Les

Kuzey
02-15-2006, 04:07 AM
Thanks guys,

We decided to make our own....ahh the fun :D

Kuzey

DrTWT
02-15-2006, 10:08 AM
The Zygote models are super dense meshes, are not natively Lightwave, and do not come with the image maps, which are so much a part of the way they pitch the product. They don't even show you what you are actually buying.

Les

Les
Do you have first hand knowledge of the Zygote models? We are pursuing an educational grant to buy them~ I'm interested in anything you (or anyone else) knows about them.

Thanks!

metahumanity
02-15-2006, 11:28 AM
AFAIK the male version is a derivate from the Hollow man model (the invisible man with Kevin bacon). If itīs the same geometry thatīs where you can see it in action, and it looks good.

Now, the main problem with these models is that the end customer never gets the original cage version, but the frozen high resolution geometry.

lesford
02-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Here's an ecoli model I got from Zygote last week. This was sold as a lwo format file. As you can see, it would be faster to rebuild the whole thing in Lightwave than to try to rig this thing for animation. In fact, it looks like it was planned that way; to deliberately make it harder to rig and animate.

It is useless to me except to model against in a background layer. No textures were included. The surface names are all "Blinn1" etc.

I took advantage of their sale to sample the quality and usability of their models without having to spend the big bucks. Having done so, I won't be bothering again.

Les

lesford
02-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Here are some more examples. The HIV model I thought was a good deal because it has the internal parts as well as the exterior, but as you can see, it's very dense and there are no textures for any of the models.

The blood cells are way too much geometry for what they are.

The big problem that I see is in spending $14000 for a model and then having to buy textures on top of that, especially when the textures provide the bulk of the detail. The density of the mesh is gratuitous, and does not add detail for the weight. They do not show the model without the textures (which is what you are buying) so there is no way to know how usable they are.

The models that they sell as Lightwave files are a Lightwave scene file in a folder with all of the parts as seperate objects, rather than a layered Lightwave object. I think that the obj files are more useable because you get all of the parts in one layer, but they are all in position and easy to split off onto separate layers.

Les

DrTWT
02-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey Les,

Thanks for the info. We have a sample of the male anatomy model (bones and muscles). They actually supply UV maps for the muscles, but all other parts are untextured. Agree that the mesh is too dense to do much animating with, but we are looking mainly for static anatomy to animate over. I will say that the level of detail and the "anatomical correctness" is pretty amazing from what I've seen.

That being said, your experience is valuable and we'll be sure to shop around before jumping into anything.