View Full Version : nothing special but i like it

lion111
02-10-2006, 06:50 AM
its basic uv mapping with lots of bump

it should be mars
greetings

spec24
02-15-2006, 02:48 PM
bump looks a little extreme - getting artifacts on the big canyon. Looks nice though. Mars is always fun!

lion111
02-16-2006, 02:44 PM
hi

thanks for crit
heres an other one
bump still extreme (500) but an other view

greetings from poland

Intuition
02-17-2006, 11:50 AM
AH, like seeing an old friend. Those are from Space-Graphics right?

You know, Mike Wolf has a plug in called Infinimap that lets you load huge textures into Lightwave with practically no ram usage.

I am using The Blue Marble Earth maps and Mario's (Space-Graphics guy) 46,000pixel versions of Mars to do some demos for Mike using Infinimap.

I'd say that you don't have to say its supposed to be mars cause, it looks just like it. ;) Nice pic. :D

He used to have a cloud map for mars too that you could use in combination with a soft edged polysphere (incidence angle, Light incidence) for a nice atmosphere effect as well.

The artifacts happen sometime because you have to push the bump alot.

Keep up the good work.

Matt_D_C
02-22-2006, 12:45 AM
I made a box around the best part of the first image. That was a HUGE controversy some years ago. Turned out to be some rocks that had been photographed during sunset, giving them the appearance of a face. The tabloids ate it up claiming all kinds of stuff, but I think my favorite was something about ancient egyptians living on mars and crashing a spaceship into egypt, and then using their spaceships to build the pyramids on- which one day will fly again and destroy the world. Gotta love the tabloids... I dunno if that was on purpose or accidental, but either way it made me chuckle.

In any case, not a bad render!