PDA

View Full Version : Falling objects

chribba
02-10-2006, 04:39 AM
I have multiple objects that i have cloned from one original that has hardfx set to them and they are falling down on a ground. Now i want to offset/delay them so that it looks like they are falling like in a chainreaction (wave) or how i should explain it... Is this possible to do that in a easy way or do i have to minipulate each object one by one...

Thanks
chribba

Wonderpup
02-10-2006, 07:18 AM
Hi chribba,

Would it be possible to put an object underneath them that they sit on, then keyframe its move so that each one falls off in turn- then you could hide the support from the camera and they would seem to fall in sequence.

chribba
02-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Thanks for helping out. I found out that i could use a collision object that went across all of them and they start falling when impact with the collision object.

Thanks
chribba

Fausto
02-10-2006, 08:57 AM
I remembered a video that Proton put together for creating a crowd using particles and FXlinker, perhaps this may be another approach you can try.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29982&highlight=FXLINKER

Also, you can do a search using FXLINKER and you'll see other submissions about this subject.

The theory it appears is to use the particles to position, animate and control multiple instances of the same object and also give you the control to individualize all timeline aspects of each individual instance.