PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Profiles

m2dpost
02-09-2006, 08:23 PM
I did a demo of Tricaster today and was very impressed with it's abilities. However I was quite surprised to find the Windows Media Profiles set to 360x240 pixel resolution. Since 360x240 is not a 4:3 aspect ratio is it distorting the video to make it fit? Are there any plans to add support for 320x240 profiles?

Mike

M2 Digital Post Inc.
www.m2digitalpost.com

Paul Lara
02-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Yes, I believe the 320x240 profiles are in the TriCaster update.
It sounds as if that TriCaster hasn't been updated yet.

Further, a custom windows media .prx file you create in Windows Media can be saved in the TriCaster Profiles folder, making easy access via the drop-down menu on the streaming tab.

igoodman
05-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Is it possible to use the windows media profiles to specify a welcome graphic as well as graphics for coffee break, lunch etc. to be used with a live stream from the Tricaster Pro...when the stream is halted. I know this can be done when using windows media encoder as a standalone application...but not if this feature can be accessed when using the Tricaster Pro.
Ira Goodman/ Video Data Services

PIZAZZ
05-25-2007, 07:53 AM
Easy way to do it.

Just put that information into the DDR, I mean VCR on TC. Or if you just want a graphic stick it in your Picture list or Title/Overlay in the DSK layer.

igoodman
05-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Jeff, thanks for the reply...I want to be able to shut down the Tricaster stream during breaks, lunch, etc. so I can regroup/ adjust equipment etc...this would be for all day seminars...I'd like the streaming server to switch to a graphic that is stored somewhere...whenever the live stream stops....Ira