PDA

View Full Version : 2 balls chasing each other around a middle axis How do I do it ?

traian
02-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Thank you,
very new newbie

DrTWT
02-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Create a null object at the center axis.

Parent both balls to the null (when object is selected, hit 'm', and parent from there).

Rotate the null.

That's it.

traian
02-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks,
I really meant it :newbie

Can u Be more detailed please ?
Thank you

bgraves44
02-13-2006, 02:32 PM
No offense (really), but you may want to spend a little time with the manual or check out Dan Alban or Tim Albees books or look online for some tut's if the previous suggestion seems difficult - that's basic, basic stuff there. Once you've got that...

If you were looking to have the balls seem as if they were actually rolling on the surface, Worley Labs plugin "Wheelie" is cool for something like that. Just apply it to the object and set the orientation and when you rotate the null, the balls would rotate as if in contact with the "ground" surface. No keyframing!! Its a really cool plugin for wheels (hence the name, I guess :0). you could also do the same thing with an expression... but that's beyond my ability to explain, for now.

Good Luck!

B

bgraves44
02-13-2006, 03:08 PM
that doesn't inlove 3rd party plugins or expressions. just add the channel follower plugin to the ball object (from the graph editor) and link the x (or z depending on the model) rotation of the ball to the y rotation of the null (you might have to adjust the scale - I think that would have the desired effect). this is all fellow newbie speculation but I think that would do it...

Hope that works..

B