PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave purchase question

mykyl
02-09-2006, 01:51 PM
I was wondering if there is some quickstart guide or something to quickly get me up to speed with Lightwave. Perhaps there are some reccomended websites to check out. For a complete Lightwave virgin. ;)

Cheers

Mike R

RudySchneider
02-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Personally, I highly recommend any of Dan Ablan's books, "Inside LightWave." Chapter One is a Quick-Start, and it just gets better from there. Along with the reasonably-priced book, you get a CD, which has all of the screen shots that appear in the book, supplementary object and scene files, and a whole raft of other goodies, including video tuts, materials, and a few plug-ins.

rcr62
02-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Personally, I highly recommend any of Dan Ablan's books, "Inside LightWave." Chapter One is a Quick-Start, and it just gets better from there. Along with the reasonably-priced book, you get a CD, which has all of the screen shots that appear in the book, supplementary object and scene files, and a whole raft of other goodies, including video tuts, materials, and a few plug-ins.

I agree. I am a total newbie but following this book I have made some pretty cool stuff.:thumbsup:

AbnRanger
02-09-2006, 10:11 PM
:i_agree: Dan's Inside LW 8 is a heck of a resource. There aren very few reference books that include video tutorials...regardless of which app you use. Worth every penny.
Also, for the money, you simply can't beat Kurv Studios...alot of content, and easy on the budget....that's not even including all the free content they offer. One of their DVD's,"Lightwave 3D 8: From the Beginning" would be a good start. After that, Larry Shultz has a bunch of good titles to choose from, at Kurv Studios as well.